Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metrification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

There appears to be an inconsistency between the Windows 10 APP water volume logging and the Android APP water volume logging.

The quick volume entries are different for a cup, in the Android APP it states 250ml, in the Windows 10 APP it states 236ml. I assume this is becuase the Windows APP is converting from US fl oz, to Imperial fl oz (or ml) and getting a different result from the Android APP.

This conversion is not being based on the UK locale.

In the UK a cup is 250ml not 236ml (we have different fl oz from the US), and we have bottled water, for example, in 125ml, 250ml and 750 ml, not fl oz.

The units are not consistent between the apps, and the conversion is US to UK via US fl oz, I don't see the need for conversion, just enter the values in the measuring blocks of the locale.

Because

8 us fl oz = 236.588 ml

8 uk fl oz = 227.305 ml

and

250ml = 8.79 uk fl oz

it's confusing and not too accurate, giving different values on either apps' dashboard

the manual entry field is good for other custom values

Can you appreciate the difference in entering these values in both apps when using the "Quick" tags?

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hey there @SunsetRunner!

After going through your post I can certainly appreciate what you mean. It would be excellent if you could take a screen shot of the water logged on the Android App and the Windows 10 App and then post them here so that we can see the difference more clearly. 

Look forward to your reply with this pictures.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

i there,

Thank you for taking an interest in this odd one Man Wink

I attach two JPG images of the screen differences between the Android app and the Windows 10 app. 

AndroidAndroid

Windows 10Windows 10

I look forwrd to your next reply.

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @SunsetRunner! Thank you very much for sharing those pictures.

I can certainly see the difference that you mentioned. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the Android device has different location settings than the Windows 10 device. Perhaps we could try to log out of the Android app. Then, verify that all of the information about location is correct on the phone. Log back into the account again and verify if the water log continues showing the same amount for a glass of water.

Be sure to let me know how it goes! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The Android APP is already showing the correct units for WATER, that is, the 250ml / 500ml / 750ml for my location, which is United Kingdom.

It is the Windows APP that is showing the incorrect entry units for the quick set.

Nonetheless, I have logged out of the Android APP and checked location settings, and all appears to be correct at UK, language and keyboard. The APP is picking up all just fine.

The Regional settings for the Windows APP are also set to United Kingdom and have all units (relevant) set accordingly.

It seems that the Windows APP is using the US fl OZ conversion and not the UK (Imperial) fl OZ conversion. The cup, small bottle and large bottle all reflect this US conversion at 236ml to 709ml

I think the Windows APP may not be picking up my locale and applying the correct conversion factor.

A note aside, my wife's IPhone APP is also correct with UK standard measures (as with my Android APP), but her "Sneakers" badge says "Sneakers" and mine on the Android says "Trainers" 🙂 Anyhow, that's an aside!

I look forward to further help

Regards

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner! Thanks for that clarification. 

In this case, I think the best way to move forward would be to get in touch with Customer Support. They  should be able to take a closer look into what's happening. In the meantime, its best to only use the Android app to avoid any incorrect information being uploaded.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I have posed to Customer Support. No reply yet.

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes