Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain "Sleep Stats" on sleep log.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the sleep log web page, there are 4 graphs on the right side of the page.  The "time asleep" graph and the "total time asleep" graphs are identical.  But the "times awake or restless" and "total times awake or restless" graphs are a little different.  So I am trying to figure out what the difference should be.  What's the difference between "time" and "total time"?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

BTW, while the community might know, this is a question for Fitbit support, it's their code. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by the Community @sixRabbits. This is a great question. I did some digging and learned that the "time asleep/awake or restless" graph and the "total time asleep/awake or restless" are different in the sense that the "Time asleep/awake or restless" graphs include the time you're inactive for extended periods of times- this includes sleeping. The "total time asleep/awake or restless" includes total minutes of inactivity throughout the complete day. This may include naps as well. If you are seeing a discrepancy in your graphs, it may mean that there were other moments of inactivity throughout the day. 

I hope this helps!  

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for looking into this!

I see that "inactive time" can be counted differently, depending on whether it occurs around sleep times or not.

I admit I'm still a bit confused by the difference between "time asleep" and "total time asleep".  Or, are short naps (less than a few hours) counted differently than extended periods (more than a few hours) of sleep?

Alternately, is sleep time counted differently depending on time of day? (This sounds like a poor algorithm since it may not properly log sleep for night-shift workers.)

Either way, thanks for your answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @sixRabbits, I'm a bit confused as to what you are asking about. Are you seeing that the "inactive time" can be counted differently depending on whether it occurs around sleep times or not? 

Also, the time of day shouldn't make a difference on the total amount of sleep time counted. Your Sleep Time indicates how many times you were asleep. The Total Sleep Time indicates your total amount of sleep including naps throughout your day.

I'd love to get this sorted out with you. Do you mind posting screenshots of any discrepancies you may see? 

Thanks!

Fitbit Community ModeratorSilvana | Community Moderator, Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes