Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Hawaiian Islands badge...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I completed 350 miles walked last week and did not get the Hawaiian Islands badge I expected. From search, this seems to be a problem they can't or not willing to fix. My question is the next milestone. If I walked 150 miles, will I get the Serengeti badge?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Michaelsfit and welcome to the Community.  There is a very, very longstanding bug with the Hawaiian Islands badge.  Metric distance users can see the badge, but imperial distance users can't.  Tap on your profile picture > App Settings > Units > change your setting to km.  Now you will see it at 563 km.  It disappears when you change back to miles.  I think this bug has been around since I joined Fitbit in 2013.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@sn2019 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

I will assist you with this inquiry. You should get the Serengeti badge, this issue is with this specific badge.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sn2019,

And actually, strangely enough, this issue is with this specific badge if you're using miles as your distance units...  You'll find that if you switch your units to kilometers, the badge appears.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

Thank you very much for your note. I was feeling a tad put out at not receiving the Hawaiian Islands badge. Based on your suggestion, once the unit of measure was changed from mi to km - et voilà. As I'm from Canada I should have initially reset my Inspire HR settings from the US standard default but didn't (guess you could say I'm miles/pounds - km/kg bilingual). Thanks for the tip!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@L-C-B,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, I was perplexed when I saw that.  The other thing that Fitbit doesn't do is that they allow you to set metric or English, but then all those settings change at once.

There are some places, like Canada, that may use English (like height...  6'0") and metric for others (like 10km) even if both of these are units of length.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

This has been a problem  for years and it never gets fixed. It should be simple but it has not happened. Many complaints still nothing

Don't hold your breath as it hasn't been fixed by now it never will be

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I didn't receive my Hawaiian Islands badge, I passed 350 miles last month. Does it still exist?

Best Answer

Hello @Michaelsfit and welcome to the Community.  There is a very, very longstanding bug with the Hawaiian Islands badge.  Metric distance users can see the badge, but imperial distance users can't.  Tap on your profile picture > App Settings > Units > change your setting to km.  Now you will see it at 563 km.  It disappears when you change back to miles.  I think this bug has been around since I joined Fitbit in 2013.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Best Answer
Thanks, that worked!
Best Answer