Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My food from MFP recording twice on Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This past week for some reason when I record my breakfast, lunch and dinner in Myfitnesspal, as I have always done for the past 2 years, it transfers to fitbit.com incorrect and keeps adding lunch twice or maybe two days lunch or dinner and saying I had far more to eat than I did.  I go to the food tracker on fitbit.com and find things are double recorded and delete all the extra entries so that it shows right, but can't figure out why this is happening every day now?  The other thing that is happened now for about 2 weeks is each time I go to fitbit.com I have to put my facebook login in each time in a day go to the fitbit.com site, where it used to keep my logged in via facebook  without putting in the password every time.  Any suggestions to fix these issues would be great.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Parkersspace  Hi and Welcome - with regards to the logging out apparently they are aware please see

Dashboard Keeps Logging Me Out

that link should provide any updates IF they sort it out

in regards to the MFP food logging twice you could try and revoke access to MFP clear cache/cookies and then re-establish the link with MFP as a reminder of how to do this Connecting to 3 party apps

if this doesn't work I may suggest contacting Support/Live chat just in case the post is not answered for a few days

Let us know if this works

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Well no i hadn't seen the other thread fitbit's not keeping us logged in anymore, so thankyou I had been looking for one with an answer for the past couple weeks prior to posting, i'll keep watching that thread to see if an answer comes in the future.  The other, clear cookies rejoin and such, I tried that initially.  If it doesn't sort itself out i'll try it again in a week or two.  i'm pretty patient with these things, as it's usually some kind of programming miss and they find it and it magically goes away after a few weeks, i'll hope for the same or start checking again for an answer in a couple weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Parkersspace  Hmmm - just been reading a few articles and some mention that if you log the same meal from another (ie todays lunch and change to snacks it will show in both in Fitbit but only in the amended section on MFP) the only thing I can mention is when you revoked the MVP link to Fitbit did you then clear cookies/cache etc then restart phone (I am guessing its phone you are using) but will work with both - then restart device before logging into MFP to re-link and select data to transfer. 

as you say it may rectify itself in a couple of days the other point to consider if your using phone is have you downloaded the latest app updates - or has the phone software updated as both may induce an error that would need to be cleared by the above processes

failing that the only other suggestion is to a) contact MFP Support to see what they can suggest and then b) Fitbit support - inform them that you have spoken to MFP and ask if they have any further suggestions also

hope it gets sorted soon - if you find another way round this please feel free to share

good luck

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started doing this when I logged my dinner tonight. I has gone crazy. I will see if it fixes itself over the next few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm actually using my computer, not phone and can clear the browser cash and cookies but hate to do that so I logged using Edge instead of Chrome (i normally use Chrome) to see if it still happened and it did, so I do believe it is unrelated to cookies and cache.  Now, I haven't switched from logging a previous day as a snack to lunch or vice versa, but I have been copying the previous days breakfast and lunch and then altering any ingredients or items that I didn't have and adding in what I did have if it was just a couple of food items.  I believe it does have to do with the copying over of a prior day's food choices and adding in my own food choices.  Like it copies the prior day then puts in what I add in as a day also.  I will monitor this, it could help the developers figure out the cause so they can correct the coding and prevent it from happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really thought this issue has been solved long time ago. Duplicated entries in the food log when coming from MFP is quite old issue. I don't check too often what Fitbit shows but I looked into my yesterday log. It didn't double. It tripled the "Snack" entry:

Snack summary trippled

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it has magically stopped again as magically as it started for me, so hoping that's the last I see of it.  It was looking just like above. 

Best Answer

Hello @ashwolve, @SunsetRunner  and @Parkersspace. Welcome to the Forums @LoriH79.

I apologize for the delay in my response. @ashwolve, and @SunsetRunner Thanks for being around to help and provide more information.

@Parkersspace Glad to read that it seems to be working correctly now. Let's try keeping an eye on it and see how it continues from now on.

@LoriH79 Did the issue continue in your case or has it also stopped happening?

Feel free to let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer