Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My manual weight logs are interpreted as 2lbs less on graph?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Each manual weight I log, logs correctly in the 'History list' below the graph, but is displayed on the graph itself as being exactly 2lbs lighter? Any ideas why?

Screen shot 2017-10-01 at 12.09.55.png 

Today I manually logged my weight as being 11st, 7lbs. Notice it displays on the graph as 11.5. Also notice yesterday, 30th september in the list below the graph. That shows correctly as 11st 6lbs but again, on the graph, its displayed as 11st 4lbs. The same applies to every weight I log. I have only stared adding my weight recently, entering the last months weights from a list I had kept on paper.

I am on mac os x. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Bill-Devon Thanks you so much for your reply and for trying the tips provided. I was investigating and there is a bug that is making the weight graph from both the app and online dashboard to not match. I'd recommend logging weight on the Fitbit app, as that one is showing correctly. If the difference doesn't bother you that much, you can continue logging it on the online dashboard.

Also, you said that KG are showing correctly on the online dashboard, but stones are not, right? Thanks for confirming that. I will keep investigating this with stone measurements. I'm pretty sure this bug will be fixed soon.

Thank you so much for your patience! See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Bill-Devon I hope you're doing well! I moved your post to the Fitbit.com Dashboard Board as there are more chances for you to receive an answer to your inquiry here.

This is a very strange problem! Thanks for sharing it.

By any chance, are you able to check the same graph on a mobile device using the Fitbit app? Can you check if the graph is showing correctly on the app? That way I can investigate further.

In the meanwhile you can try the following:

• Log out from your account.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Log back in to the app.

You can also try using a different browser to check this graph.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@SantiR wrote:

You can also try using a different browser to check this graph.

@SantiR - I would like for you to explain why using a different browser, which would still be running the same code from the Fitbit servers, would have the values displayed differently.

We are not dealing with how different browsers may render graphics or wrap text, we are discussing something completely different. We are discussing a "hot point" which the Fitbit servers flag with a value to be displayed when the mouse hovers over said "hot point". I know the term is not "hot point" but I think it explains the "point" better than the actual term.

I think that insinuating that browsers have to ability to change dynamic content sent from a web server is a bit of a reach.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMarv Hey you! I've seen this kind of issues before and sometimes that actually works. I'm not an expert on "servers", "values", "render graphics", "hot points", etc. But thanks for your input. Smiley Wink

As you can see, I'm investigating this problem. So, any information is very useful for me. Do you have any additions on how we can "fix" this problem? Are you experiencing the same problem? Can you share any screen shots of this problem? I'd love to hear any ideas, comments, workarounds to add to this thread. 

Thank you. See you around. 

Best Answer

@SantiR - I am not experiencing any issues as my graphed weights match exactly the historical information displayed as well as the historical information on my phone app.

But then again, my measurements are in U.S. pounds, not stones.

The web dashboard and log pages have had many instances of where they round differently (just look at the resting heart rate graph for one example), and I suspect, convert data differently.

I am not going to get into some sort of contest with you. Your borderline taunting is not appreciated, though it is a bit humorous. Even though I have been writing applications for over 30 years across many different platforms and in many different languages, without looking at the actual code running on the servers, to include the API calls to the database servers and any code running on those servers to support the API call, there is no way I would tender a guess on how you can "fix" this problem. And you should know that.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMarv I'm very glad to hear that you are not experiencing any problems with the weight graph! 

You have a good point here! US measurements. Maybe @Bill-Devon can try changing the units to pounds instead of stones and check if the graph will show correctly after doing that. That should help me a lot on checking if there is a problem with stone units, or if it is the graph for some users. 

Thanks for helping me to investigate this problem! See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi Santi, thank for your reply... 

OK, so first off I checked my app on my phone. Yes, it is accurate on there, however I don't really use my phone as my main 'dashboard' - Its to small and fiddly for me for everyday use. However it does work on that.

Back to my iMac and Chrome. I did as you said, logged out of my fitbit dashboard, restarted the iMac and logged in again. Unfortunately this has NOT corrected the issue. It still clearly shows exactly 2lbs under on the graph as opposed to the vale entered.

I went on to try a different browser as suggested. I tried safari, the other one on my iMac. Unfortualy once I logged into the ftbit dashboard, my browser was unable to display it correctly 😞 The front page of fitbit.com/uk/ displayed correctly, but once looged in I got this:

Screen shot 2017-10-02 at 19.08.00.png

As you can imagine, pretty useless. I guess you are about to ask me what version of safari I am using, so here are the details...

Screen shot 2017-10-02 at 19.27.12.png

Well anyway, if its going to prove itself to be just a little 'quirk' of my dashboard to display my weight as 2lbs lighter on the graph, I guess I can live with that 🙂 Its not the end of the world. Just thought that there may have been a simple fix that I was not aware of... Aside from this tiny issue I'm still really pleased with fitbit in general. Thanks anyway 🙂 

Best Answer

Just tried changing it to KG. It said 73 on the history and 73 on the graph. Changed back to Stones and Lbs (My local currency) lol and it was back to how it was before. 11.7 entered but 11.5 displayed n the graph 🙂 Never mind... 🙂

Best Answer

@Bill-Devon Thanks you so much for your reply and for trying the tips provided. I was investigating and there is a bug that is making the weight graph from both the app and online dashboard to not match. I'd recommend logging weight on the Fitbit app, as that one is showing correctly. If the difference doesn't bother you that much, you can continue logging it on the online dashboard.

Also, you said that KG are showing correctly on the online dashboard, but stones are not, right? Thanks for confirming that. I will keep investigating this with stone measurements. I'm pretty sure this bug will be fixed soon.

Thank you so much for your patience! See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer