Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Can not manually add an activity on Fitbit.com Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 10/02/2017:  Hi everyone! I have some good news to share here. You should no longer experience issues manually logging activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard since this issue is now resolved

Since this issue is now resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be around!

--

We've received reports that users are unable to manually log activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard and I've merged a few posts together. 

I've let our team know and will continue to update this thread as I Iearn more. Note that this does not appear to be affecting the app. If you have access to the Fitbit app we recommend using that as a workaround in the meantime. 

Thanks very much for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! I have some good news to share here. You should no longer experience issues manually logging activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard since this issue is now resolved

Since this issue is now resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be around! Smiley Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

I tried in Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

When you click the buttons for walk, run, swim, etc etc  they do absolutely nothing.

I've tried dumping my temp files and cookies as well as a reboot.

Edit: Also just now noticed clicking on the message center icon of my dashboard (place where it announces badges etc etc) just sits at "LOADING".

Best Answer

Same here.

Best Answer

I can't add an activity.  Are you making changes to entering activities?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I can't log any activities.

Best Answer

Its happening again right now.

Best Answer

It's rubbish I can no longer add my cross trainer stats to Fitbit and the new pages are horrible

Best Answer

I've been away for a few days, only noticed this morning (or Friday night for you guys in the US) that I can't log my bike acitivity.

Best Answer

This bug seems to coincide with the visual changes to our viewed data on the PC

eg HR graphs with colour and timings etc.

Custom Activities are at fault as well and even right clicking on one of them and directing it to a new Tab or Windows just gives a blank screen

You can perform all of these functions through the phone, in my case the Android.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Also can't log activities. Any fixes for this out there???

Best Answer

I am having the same problem the others are describing.  I'm trying to enter one of my custom activities. When I click on it nothing happens. When I try to open in another tab it goes to a generic page.  Also one of the more recent custom activities I created did not give me an option to assign an hourly calorie consumption, so I have to calculate and enter by hand each time.  Anyone know a fix for that?

Best Answer

@drav Your not alone but creating the activities through the phone, including the Custom Activities ways gives you the calories..

@drav wrote:

I am having the same problem the others are describing.  I'm trying to enter one of my custom activities. When I click on it nothing happens. When I try to open in another tab it goes to a generic page.  Also one of the more recent custom activities I created did not give me an option to assign an hourly calorie consumption, so I have to calculate and enter by hand each time.  Anyone know a fix for that?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Please fix quickly!!

Best Answer

So I'm on fitbit.com, in my log, on the Activity tab.  I see everything I've done in the gym and all the swimming I've manually logged.  Since I can't wear my tracker in the pool, I manually add it every morning from my work computer.  It's Saturday, so I did my Saturday routine and my Saturday laps, but now when I get on my personal laptop I can't seem to manually add my time in the pool.  

I've cleared my cookies and cache, tried in Incognito mode, and enabled/disabled/reenabled Flash.  I'm usually pretty good at this stuff, but this morning I'm stymied.  Any thoughts and feedback is/are welcome.
-B34D

Cannot hit Swim Button and log my pool time.

Best Answer

Its not just you.  Its been broken since yesterday afternoon.

Best Answer

Same Issue here.  The Activities Logging function hasn't been working for at least a day, maybe two.  Getting very frustrating.

Best Answer

Trying to manually log exercise activity. The green bottom choices do not give the window where I can set time and steps

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  It appears that the activity buttons have been deactivated.  Also looks like someone is working on this portion as there appear to be some new features being set up.  Not sure what is happening but I use this feature regularly and it is frustrating not to have it.  Anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer

The response time to this issue has been terrible.

You were alerted over 24 hours ago (here and facebook page) and just now making an official announcement?

Also is this going to be fixed before Monday?  I get this sinking feeling based on response time of this company that weekends are either not staffed very well, or at all.

Best Answer

@Damien1981  Sorry for the delay, we are looking into this. I do not have a timeline for a fix currently but will keep this thread alerted. If you have access to the Fitbit app, please use that in the meantime. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer