Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Can not manually add an activity on Fitbit.com Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 10/02/2017:  Hi everyone! I have some good news to share here. You should no longer experience issues manually logging activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard since this issue is now resolved

Since this issue is now resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be around!

--

We've received reports that users are unable to manually log activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard and I've merged a few posts together. 

I've let our team know and will continue to update this thread as I Iearn more. Note that this does not appear to be affecting the app. If you have access to the Fitbit app we recommend using that as a workaround in the meantime. 

Thanks very much for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Any update on a resolution to this issue?

Best Answer

Please explain how to do it on the i-phone.  I have searched around the app.  I can see the activities I added via the computer but do not see how to update activities on the phone.

@Colinm39 wrote:

@drav Your not alone but creating the activities through the phone, including the Custom Activities ways gives you the calories..

@drav wrote:

I am having the same problem the others are describing.  I'm trying to enter one of my custom activities. When I click on it nothing happens. When I try to open in another tab it goes to a generic page.  Also one of the more recent custom activities I created did not give me an option to assign an hourly calorie consumption, so I have to calculate and enter by hand each time.  Anyone know a fix for that?

Best Answer

Please explain how to do it on the i-phone.  I have searched the app & can see the activities I added via the computer but do not see how to add via the phone app.

Best Answer

@dravYou tap on the Exercise Tile, then the stopwatch with the plus sign, then tap log previous and enter the data.

@drav wrote:

Please explain how to do it on the i-phone.  I have searched the app & can see the activities I added via the computer but do not see how to add via the phone app.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@drav yes, to log an activity on the app, please follow @Colinm39's advice, your more information consult this help article if you haven't already.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

also cannot enter activities 9/30/17.  when i click on the activity buttons, nothing happens.  

Best Answer

there is no stop watch icon to select - this is a useless options on the APP

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shadow59This is what I'm using on the Android after tapping the exercise tile.  I enter Walk etc and then distance.. and the steps show up in the Activity Log with calories auto calculated or if I have overwritten.

app stopwatch activity.jpgapp activity log.jpg

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks as if everyone started having problems on Sept. 27th, My problems started last night and today unable to log stats manually. Do we have an ETA on this? I saw there going to improve the Activities page which is fine but does that mean it will be down until the upgrade takes place?

Best Answer

My guess it will be Monday.  I'm getting the feeling they got cheap and don't have their web guy on call and since the entire system is not down it feels like "screw it, it is the weekend we will get it on Monday" deal.

No way a company with this amount of money can't fix a web application issue like this unless they simply choose not to have someone available on the weekend.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Lol! Thank you, have to agree with you on that!
Best Answer
0 Votes

As odd as it is I don't actually use a smart phone.  So I log everything through PC.

I had to go out and download an Android Emulator (Andy in this case) so I could basically start logging my exercise via the "app" that way.

Best Answer
I have this App on all my devices...I think I'm addicted! Trying to manually add any stats via Apps on my iPhone, iPad, Windows 10 has been futile. I', over it! Let's see what Marvelous Monday brings.
Best Answer
0 Votes

do us all a favor and restore the o;d software and go work offline on the fix instead of screwing with thousands of users.  

Best Answer

How do I add activities in my app? I don't see a way to do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

in addition to this issue, my Windows Phone app stopped working with my One. I tried reinstalling the app without success...just says pending. Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is extremely annoying.  I finally came here when doing usual stuff to try to fix didn't help.

On the adding activity on your phone (I have an iPhone) is there any way to give the number of steps?  The reason I want to manually add a walk is because I did it on the treadmill and I actually walked a couple of hundred more steps than my Fitbit recorded so I want to manually add it so I can get the steps.  Can do that online on the dashboard but don't see a way to add steps with the phone.  Is there a way?

Added:

@KateFitbit - Yeah, the Windows 10 app is useless for me.  I can add a walk and I can add distance and such like that but I can't put in the number of steps and that is what I need to do since I walked on a treadmill and walked 250 more steps than my Fitbit recorded.  Why doesn't the WIndows 10 app and mobile app let you input steps like the dashboard does?  Or, am I just missing that option?

Best Answer

@KoshkaYou add the steps. This method of adding steps is to use the distance. Fitbit divides the distance by your stride length.

If you log it as Walk it will divide the distanceby the Walking stride setting to give you steps and if you use Run it definitely used the run stride.. So you get less steps for Run but more calories.

It works because I have just tested that...

@Koshka wrote:

This is extremely annoying.  I finally came here when doing usual stuff to try to fix didn't help.

On the adding activity on your phone (I have an iPhone) is there any way to give the number of steps?  The reason I want to manually add a walk is because I did it on the treadmill and I actually walked a couple of hundred more steps than my Fitbit recorded so I want to manually add it so I can get the steps.  Can do that online on the dashboard but don't see a way to add steps with the phone.  Is there a way?

Added:

@KateFitbit - Yeah, the Windows 10 app is useless for me.  I can add a walk and I can add distance and such like that but I can't put in the number of steps and that is what I need to do since I walked on a treadmill and walked 250 more steps than my Fitbit recorded.  Why doesn't the WIndows 10 app and mobile app let you input steps like the dashboard does?  Or, am I just missing that option?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@packmateUse this post which I have included here.

@Colinm39 wrote:

This is what I'm using on the Android after tapping the exercise tile.  I enter Walk etc and then distance.. and the steps show up in the Activity Log with calories auto calculated or if I have overwritten.

app stopwatch activity.jpgapp activity log.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue trying to log hula hooping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes