Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal not syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can not seem to get Myfitnesspal to sync with my Fitbit. I am trying to log in a recipe that I created on Myfitnesspal and transfer it to my Fitbit food log. Is this possible?, and if so, How?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome @AmandaC77, it's great to see new names on the Community! I moved your post from this thread so that you can get a much better response. Smiley Very Happy

I recommend to unlink the accounts and them link them again. Doing this should be able to resolve any issues between the account. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Go to the Applications settings on your account.
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts.

Please keep me posted on how it goes! Smiley Tongue

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome @AmandaC77, it's great to see new names on the Community! I moved your post from this thread so that you can get a much better response. Smiley Very Happy

I recommend to unlink the accounts and them link them again. Doing this should be able to resolve any issues between the account. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Go to the Applications settings on your account.
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts.

Please keep me posted on how it goes! Smiley Tongue

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you so much, this in fact did work. No clue why I didn't think to do this before. Does it normally just post the summary? I can't see a break down of the meals to make sure they are correct. Regardless, this works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AmandaC77! It's great to know that your situation was resolved with the steps I suggested. Smiley Very Happy

Regarding the food logs, they should be exported from MFP to the Fitbit Food logs. What exactly is showing up on your food logs?

Look forward to continue assisting you! Smiley Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes
It shows " lunch summary" ( same as the other meals) with the total calories. However, it does not show a break down.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @AmandaC77! Thanks for the clarification.

Regularly it shows as 'Lunch Summary' and it should include all of the information about the meal. You should be able to see calories, protein, and all of the other nutrient information usually displayed.

It will not show exactly what food was consumed, but the totals will match those on MFP. Is this how it is showing up on your account?

Look forward to your reply so that I can better understand what is it that you're seeing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering the same thing as Amanda about transferring recipes. I make a large portion of my diet from scratch. I have the recipes entered in myfitnesspal and would love to know if they can be transferred over to fitbit so that I could track food in fitbit directly instead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cookiemomstr! It's great to have new faces on the Forums.

At this moment it is not possible to transfer recipes in that way. It would only work in the way I described above. 

You could create a suggestion post formulating your idea in our Feature Suggestions board.. Then, other users could comment on it or vote for it in order to show their support.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried it....had NO success with that whatsoever.  Do you have any other methods that might correct this situation?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Iron_Will1! Welcome to Fitbit.

If the steps I mentioned do not get this resolved, the best way to move forward would be to get in touch with MFP directly. They should be able to take a closer look at what is going on.

If you do, please keep me updated on the situation. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes