Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help setting step data to private

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Where has Fitbit got the consent to share ANY of my data whit ANYONE?
Please let me stop ALL sharing asap or I need to use the hammer on my fitbit.
Please read all the GDPR rules and let the user decide everything or you will soon get a large fine from EU commision!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

They have consent from their privacy policy that we agree to when we sign up:

http://www.fitbit.com/privacy

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @SunsetRunner , let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks for sharing your question about Fitbit and privacy. Thanks for the help @SteveH.

We believe in being transparent about our data practices. We work hard to keep your data safe. We give you settings to control how your information is shared, and we ask you for your information so we can provide you with great products.

Please review our Privacy Policy at https://www.fitbit.com/legal/privacy-policy. There you will learn about the data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe.

I'll be around in case that you have further questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for an answer, but did not answer my concerns. In settings on
Privacy I am not allowed to set " Average Daily Step Count" to Private, why?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you can

privacy2.jpg

Then go to your profile page and use the drop down to see who views what. There are 3 selections there.

viewedby.jpg

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Never mind found the other one. Only you and your friends are allowed to see it. If you dont want your friends to see your steps then you need to remove them as friends.That's about  all you can do.

@SunsetRunner 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
No I can not choose "Private"

[image: fitbiiiit.jpg]
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @WendyB.

I apologize for the delay in my response. @WendyB Thanks for being around to help.

@SunsetRunner Perhaps you could post about this in our Feature Suggestions board. That way other users can comment and vote on the idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer