Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Food Logging Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 2/20/2019: Hi Everyone - At this time we rolled back to the old version as we modify the new tool and fix the bug reported with some of the nutritional and calorie count. I will update this thread as I learn more about the updates and status of the revised new tool. Many thanks for the precise, in-depth reports. 

Fitbit Update 2/19/2019: Thanks again for your valuable feedback. While our team is working on modifications to the food logging tool we will be rolling back to the old tool shortly. We appreciate your patience and reports.

Fitbit Update 2/19/2019: Our team is actively reviewing your thoughtful feedback. I hope to have an update soon with further information. Thanks.

Fitbit Update 2/17/2019: Hello everyone, thanks again for your feedback this has all been sent to the team. Please note our offices are closed tomorrow for Presidents Day. I hope to have more updates for you after Monday.

Fitbit Update 2/16/2019: posted an update here

Fitbit Update 2/13/2019: The new food log is now live! We look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Fitbit Update 2/4/2019: We’re excited to announce the launch of our updated food logging interface on fitbit.com; it's planned to go live very soon.

We incorporated the most popular suggestions we received after our initial launch. We included updated caloric charts, macronutrient charts, historical logs, waterlogging, and interface improvements.

I hope the new release will meet your food logging needs and look forward to hearing your thoughts once it's live! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
910 REPLIES 910

Switched to MFP this week....  I just sent this to corporate, 

Vivian L and Fitbit Corporate

You should really check the Fitbit forums regarding the new UI.  The overwhelming consensus is that it is awful and cumbersome.  The moderators on the forums have been SILENT for the most part, but have attempted to silence some critics of the UI by removing their posts.  While censoring posts may be good optics, it usually doesn’t work, because those critiques get reposted to forums beyond your censorship.  I tried to use the new UI to log my food, but like the majority of users who are posting on the forums, I found it difficult to log, was quirky and had a significant loss of functionality (logging decimals, etc.)    In addition with the decision by corporate to discontinue Premium reports including benchmarking, my decision to move to a competitive platform was made easy. I  have moved my logging to the Under Armour platform,  My Fitness Pal.   While MFP may be less graphically "pretty" than the fitbit UI, it has the reporting capabilities that I require, including weekly reports and metrics.  When my VERSA eventually breaks, I will purchase a tracker from one of your competitors. 

What I find extremely troubling is the amount of misinformation, I received from different levels within your customer service department regarding the "Premium" renewal issue.  Further, after it was determined that Premium was no longer being offered, I received an email the following day asking me to RENEW my premium subscription, which I found comical but disturbing.  When I clicked on the link in the email, it directed me to the premium product page that no longer exists, (image attached) and when you click on the link on that page, it redirects you to the Coach product.   From my understanding, Fitbit made the decision in mid 2018 to discontinue Premium reporting and honored current subscriptions until their next renewal.  My subscription ended February 5th.  Since no one has been allowed to renew starting in 2018, why did your customer service teams NOT know that the product was discontinued when I contacted them?  Didn't they all get training on current product availability, and WHY would I still receive an email with hyperlinks to the NO LONGER AVAILABLE Premium, (automated email,  bait and switch)?  These incidents are but symptoms of a much deeper dysfunction that appears to exist within your company including (1) lack of unified messaging and strategy communicated to all strata within the company and particularly to those individuals who interface with customers (2) lack of training (3) Attrition and talent bleed (4) lack of infrastructure or lack of stewardship.  My guess is that given the chaos and misinformation I experienced as well as the lack of response to the problems with the new UI, and ignoring your customer's complaints, it may be a moot issue and FitBit will eventually implode.  When you ignore the concerns of your customers, they become former customers, like me.

Best Answer

@JeanMT

Jean, the water thing is a little tricky. Change the units to cups first, then enter .5 and it'll go through.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pjfarr wrote:

@JeanMT

Jean, the water thing is a little tricky. Change the units to cups first, then enter .5 and it'll go through.

I'm sorry. Why do we have to do gymnastics to compensate for their blunder?

Best Answer

I set up a myfitnesspal account for myself last night, will look into cronometer as well. Thus far using myfitnesspal has been a huge relief! Easy and straight forward, shows the info I need to see, takes seconds to log foods even if they're custom.

It's too bad the mods are still doing extremely weird, underhanded stuff. It's honestly creeping me out at this point.They have the time to pettily make snide comments and delete posts, meanwhile they haven't done a single thing to address the #1 problem for DAYS.

Best Answer

Agreed! You have to click on the specific food to see the quantity that was logged.  I don't know why this critical information is no longer displayed.

Best Answer

@fretwells wrote:

well done pjfarr - he's right. If you add /today to the end of the food log page URL is looses the graph and historic eating data which is much better.

There's still a tedious number of clicks through drop downs, and it's not good enough that Fitbit themselves are responding.

The sad thing is, as customers, we shouldn't have to fix what Fitbit broke!

Best Answer

@NY2TX

"Gymnastics"?? Lol, it took literally less than a second to do.

Best Answer

@pjfarr

Thank you for posting that.  I still hate this new food logging page, but your link https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log/today  works great and at least gets rid of that useless, unwanted graph at the top.  Thanks again for posting that. 

Best Answer

@pjfarr wrote:

@NY2TX

"Gymnastics"?? Lol, it took literally less than a second to do.

I'm 74 and not quite as computer savvy as some - so for me it did border on gymnastics. and much trial and error to finally create a bookmark with ...../today on it. LOL

Best Answer

@pjfarr wrote:

@JeanMT

No, I tried both doing it first as .5, in the cups it defaulted to, and then switched to oz. (which automatically translated it to 4, so it recognised it) and back to cups (which then translated to 0.5), but either way, if cups, I get an error message, "Please enter a valid value. The two nearest valid values are 0 and 1." What is even worse than having to translate, is it doesn't show me the water breakdown history for the day anymore, so I cannot tell if I entered everything if I've had mixed size glasses. Before, beside the water entry section, I could see: .5, 2.5, 1, 2.5, 1 = 7.5. so, if I knew 1 was the last amount I drank, I'd know I already entered it, but without the breakdown, I might enter it again, if I thought I'd drank more.

Best Answer

Same here. This new update it terrible I tried going back one day and entered everything now it is lost. There must be another other than Fit bit that is user friendly.

Best Answer

Day 4: Checked out MyFitnessPal. I will be starting with that log 02/17.

Bonus: my mailbox will not get 100's of email notifications who hate that interface. (special note: I love that people are giving feedback; it's important. It's unfortunate most of us agree the changes were not positive.)

Best Answer

@Steĉjo

I hear ya. But hey, good for you for figuring it out and not being intimidated by trial-and-error! 😉

Best Answer

Love the new look and it's easier to use.  Only complaint, when you drop down a meal, it tells you all the statistics, but doesn't list the food quantity (i.e. a Ribeye steak will have calories, carbs, protein, etc listed for that item, but it doesn't tell you what those numbers are based on a 4 or 6 oz steak or ??)

Best Answer

@JeanMT

Ah, I see what you mean! Yeah, that does suck. I hate that they changed the way to enter portion sizes. I always preferred using the web app rather than the mobile app specifically because you could enter fractions and you can't on the mobile app. Now it seems the web app is going to present the same challenge, unfortunately.

Best Answer

Actually some of the features on the mobile app are nicer. But the online has features the mobile doesn’t and vice versa. Wish the were closer to being the same. 😉

moderator edit: personal information

Best Answer

Hi Everyone - our team has been moderating this thread and we do appreciate your feedback. 

Please note the tool has been tested and the updates were updated based on Community Feedback in October and internal and external testing. We appreciate what you have to say, while there are no current plans to revert to the old page, the feedback is being communicated to the team. 

As we continue to review the feedback please keep in mind our community guidelines. We encourage you not to crosspost, which is posting the same sentiment over and over. If you are responding to a particular post, please @ the user since each response is posted chronologically, otherwise, it's not understood who you are responding to. I'll post an update once I hear further on any modifications. 

Aside from a general dislike, specific feedback includes: 

• too much scrolling
  • too much clicking
  • Would like to move the graph from the top to bottom or remove
  • Loads too slow 
  • Would like to move water tile
  • Serving size should be visible in break down table
  • Don't change meal date time every time it's changed or default to anytime 
  • Doesn't auto-populate, remember last entered meal 
  • Today tile is grayed out, hard to understand
  • No fractions 

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I don’t want you to revert to the old page. I just would like a column added so it shows the quantity of food consumed. Otherwise I love the new look!

moderator edit: personal information (Thanks Kate!)

Best Answer

@CPlattner

Yeah, that's frustrating. They need to make all the different versions a little more consistent, visually and functionally. I'm wondering if that's what this latest change was working towards...?

By the way, @CPlattner are you aware that your email address and phone number are showing in your post?

Best Answer
Your recent post indicates that you do not read our posts and do not want to listen to us as most of us screaming: "Bring the OLD page back!!!".  And what is your answer?: "..here are no plans to revert to the old page".  "Perfect" customer focus
Best Answer