Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sleep Data Interface HORRIBLE

The new sleep data visuals and user interface are HORRIBLE!  Google has ruined the Fitbit user experience at every turn.  I’ve cancelled my auto renewal and will likely move to an Apple device.

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

I absolutely hate the new sleep data...there are no times showing...at least before I could count the bars and figure out what times I was awake. It's basically useless to me now. Please change it back!!!

Best Answer

I came here to say the same thing. The new sleep tracking graph is much harder to parse than the previous one. 

Best Answer

Clearing my cache is going to do nothing to fix the horrible changes they made in the app! It's totally useless! It takes much more effort than it should to find the information you need, and a lot of the information we used to have is not there anymore. Why did they change something that was just fine the way it was? The last upgrade was a step backwards as it was, but someone should get fired for this one! Completely user unfriendly! The fact that my Fitbit won't hold a charge like it should makes it even more frustrating. This time I'm seriously considering changing devices to something other than a Fitbit product!

Best Answer

I totally agree! They say the situation is escalated and we should clear our cache to help resolve the problem. Clearing my cache is going to do nothing to fix the horrible changes they made in the app! It's totally useless! It takes much more effort than it should to find the information you need, and a lot of the information we used to have is not there anymore. Why did they change something that was just fine the way it was? The last upgrade was a step backwards as it was, but someone should get fired for this one! It's completely user unfriendly and almost useless! The fact that my device won't hold a charge like it should makes it even more frustrating. This time I'm seriously considering changing devices to something other than a Fitbit product!

Best Answer

It is horrendous. Simply no way the new format could have been road tested with users… it looks like a high school excel graph! Like others, these changes are enough to get our household thinking Apple & Garmin as an upgrade.

Best Answer

If you touch the screen on the new sleep cycle graph, hold and swipe left or right, the actual times show up. It's better information than before.

Best Answer

I've noticed that my daughter's and my sleep score has simultaneously tanked since the update! She used to always have a high sleep score while mine had been in the upper 60's. Since the update, hers has been in the 60's and mine in the 50's. We did not have a change in life style together so it has to be some bug from the update.  

You can still see that data like oxygen variation and sleeping heart rate. On my android phone it is under the crazy looking graphs that are useless, under the words sleep stages and benchmark buttons then it says More about your sleep. Under that is where you will see a button for estimated oxygen variation. It will say if it is high or low but if you tap that you will see more data with the graph. Same for sleeping heart rate. It still sucks but at least the data is still there.

Best Answer

"The new minimalist sleep graph display"

I was trying to find a way to describe the new sleep graph display and I couldn't think of the words. You hit the nail dead center on its head! My graphs all run together too. Maybe because I have my phone set to larger print but on the previous version I did not have any problems.

Best Answer

Just tell them to put it back to the way it was. It wasn't broken. It is now broken with the updates.

Best Answer

I can see that but all my graphs run together. For example, my light sleep graph will spike all the way to the awake graph which is on the top. Similar spikes for all the other graphs merge into each other. The bright white background doesn't do anything to separate the graphs like the separate graphs used to be.

Best Answer

Awesome! Thank you so much for this info! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with you!  The interface is really awful.  I liked it the way it was!  Will probably move to Apple myself!

Best Answer
Hi,
I was told if you put your finger on the graph and slide left or right you
can get the info you need. It actually works really well!
Best Answer

Yes, that works but my problem is the tops and bottoms of the graphs all run together so it is hard to see where one begins and another one ends. It is hard on the eyes. 

Best Answer

I’ll give it a try.  Still prefer the look of the old graph.

Best Answer

I agree, the new sleep data interface is THE WORST! I've had a fitbit since 2014. I've tracked sleep data with Premium since the minute it was available. IMPT; When I first used the "upgrade" I also thought they had eliminated data. After a ton of frustration and time screwing around with it I finally found all the same data buried throughout various screens.

There is one addition that is useful if you can find it. You can now press down on the ambient noise graph to see the time and dBA of events. However the snore report that is right there with it isn't a line graph, it's a bar chart??? which is totally useless. No exact time or dBA. Just a separate % vs overall sleep with rating (mild, moderate). Why do they have 2 parts of the same report soooo different?

The graph of sleep stages is awful and it doesn't JUST show stages visually running into ech other. If you hold it down, as others have suggested, it actually shows you in 2 different stages at once??

The bar graph is still there but again you have to use the interface a totally different way. 

The biggest kicker is that the EOV (Estimated Oxygen Variation) graph is as bogus as ever. It has no X or Y axis so it's not really a graph of anything. It's been complained about since the min it was released yrs ago. With this huge sleep update they didn't fix the thing that was really broken, amazing!

The worst is that w/o asking or warning they forged ahead, did the update, converted all the past 10 yrs of data and as far as I know there's no way to go back to the previous version. That should ABSOLUTELY be an option.

Lastly, I use to be able to ck all my sleep data in literally a minute it was so easy to get around now I spend 15 mins digging through all of it. Come on Google, give the option to go back 1 version. 

Best Answer

I agree! Was wondering if it is permanent? Doesn't help me enough!

Best Answer

It did work for me. But I still liked the old graph better, much easier to read.

Best Answer

My account just auto-renewed and then I see this terrible new interface. Why do they try to fix something that is not broken? I never would have renewed had I known. It's awful and useless to me now. Unless they change it back I won't renew anymore. 

Best Answer

You can cancel and get your money back. I canceled my premium account because of this hideous upgrade.

Best Answer