Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On bike exercise my Fitbit device doesn't seem to reflect correct heart-rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been cycling this morning for 75 minutes at 16.2 mph average which for me at 67 years of age is quite steady (although not my best).  My average heartrate over this ride has shown as 87 bpm which seems strange as it is similar to when I walk for the same length of time.  I would expect my heartrate to average at around 135 bpm.  However I did not set my fitbit for the ride to "cycle" I just left it as "normal" - would this affect the reading on my fitbit or shouldn't it make any difference.  Also I had my Wahoo device syncing from my mobile to my back wheel during the ride - this showed everything correct once I returned from my ride.  

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @teetom.

Thank you for the information provided.

Your Fitbit device should detect and reflect the changes on your heart-rate even if you haven't started the activity manually.

There are some factors that can affect your heart-rate readings on your Fitbit device. I would recommend following the tips in this article to resolve heart-rate tracking issues.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes