Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Food Search-Not Working as Before

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the last few weeks using the ap, if I search for a food and select it, but then want to go back to the list of results, it now returns to the main screen rather than the search results. This is extremely obnoxious since there are so many options that come up that look similar initially until you see the results.

Also, the search function regularly doesn't find foods I've added through the custom screen. Again, this previously worked. 

It would be nice if the ap would allow you to create meals as well instead of on the computer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @Brookell.

Thanks for bringing this up. 

Our team is currently aware of this situation and it is being looked into. As soon as we have any updates on the matter, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an update? This has been broken for months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brookell.

At this time, there haven't been any updates on the matter. Any updates on the matter will be posted on this thread, so be sure to keep an eye on it. 

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit Hi could you please look into this again as I believe it is a totally different issue to the link you provided based on the original enquiry that once a searched food has been selected you have to go through the same prolonged procedure to get back to the search page not as the other thread is about adding a new food that does not show up in search also this is with ref to the App not the PC/Dashboard version as you link directs to...apologies if I have misunderstood the thread but I think this and the linked issue is unrelated apart from the second part of the request so your link only addresses part 2 of the enquiry

Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit I think this is a seperate issue from the custom food logging not auto-populating, but agree it's unusual and can see why there may have been confusion. 

@Brookell

1. Does this happen in the app, Fitbit.com dashboard or both? 

2. If it's in the app, what is the make/model of the device? 

@ashwolve thanks for calling this thread out. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
This happens in the app using a Samsung S9.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brookell thank you for clarifying this is on the app and not the dashboard and your device model. I'm trying to replicate what you are experiencing. When you select a food, do you select 'save and add more'at the bottom of the screen or 'save' at the top? If you select save and add more it should take you back to your list. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue isn't like that-it's if I select a food and realize it only has tablespoons and I want grams so I want to go back to the list to find the item with grams. Try Heinz Ketchup, most are only tablespoon or teaspoon, but there is one with grams and other measurements. Even though I regularly use it, this item doesn't come up in the top of my search results so I have to go back. This happens on both custom and search foods. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brookell I think I understand and although not ideal as a work around once you have found the one you want there are 2 options I normally try the 1st is to edit the food then add my initials to the name - ie Heinz Ketchup to Tomato Ketchup WK (Heinz) then save this should bring it to the top of the search next time or 2nd is once I have logged the food add this to my favourites especially if it would be a frequent ingredient. (Even if it means adding the grams part yourself or making a new entry and adding all the information you need as often the sodium content is missed or incorrect as could be some of the sizes available in the already listed items)

would either of above help in the short term while it is being looked into

also when you say add food it goes back to main page are you talking the page with the list of days or the page with the swipe option between favourites, custom etc if it is the former you when you select a food it gives you 2 options one highlighted in red with save the other is on the left which says save and add more this take you back to the search page (ie recent/frequent etc) Hope this is useful to you

Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's extra work that shouldn't be necessary for something I used for years without issue. It's bad enough that you can't search for an item by name, but you can scan the barcode and find it or that there are 20 versions of a product and none match the actual label. I spend plenty of time on work arounds as is. I'm not asking for new functionality, of which there's plenty to suggest, but just what I've had working for 5 years. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree and fully understand as there are a plethora of issues that I have outstanding with my product also including the user friendliness of the app dashboard against what we used to have, what apparently we used to get and being told we never had it and functions from older models that we no longer get because the programming has changed from what it was when they first came out - they have a tendency to phase things out without warning but I am ranting on and getting off subject so will stop,

I am just trying to give some options although not ideal they may help while waiting for a definitive answer to your enquiry, apart from my earlier suggestions have you tried a 3rd party app (again I know it shouldn't be needed) but MyFitnessPal seems to have a good menu and can be associated with the Fitbit account so foods added on there can show in your personnel menu and may (no guarantees) provide another option - as you mentioned Barcode scanners I am in the UK and they do not recognise any of the barcodes I try and scan, this is a 3 year plus issue for me and have not been told of any reason why the function is not available to me and guessing it may never be.

I know none of the workarounds should have to be used but I guess it gives us some functionality while they look into the issue - it maybe that a newer update has rendered the One compatibility as limited although this shouldn't affect the logging of foods/activities

just out of curiosity and not wishing to seen condescending in any way but have you tried uninstalling the app, clearing your cookies, restart the phone and then re-downloading the app to see if there is a glitch in your download that can sometimes happen if there is a connection break while downloading

apart from that I am out of ideas and will leave for @KateFitbit to continue to assist

Sorry I could not have been of more help, good luck and hope it is sorted for you soon

all the best and kind regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ashwolve thanks for your help in this thread. 

@Brookell I've moved this thread to the Android app board for correct placement and better visibility with the Android community. I'm not certain if this is a bug at this time or a product update. When I enter Heinz Ketchup, I can change the measurement, though I'm using the iOS app. I do think creating a custom food item for something you log often or adding the product to your favorites sounds like a good workaround. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You missed the point of my issue, yes it's annoying that there are countless options that come up and not all have all the measurements like tbsp or grams. My problem is when I go back to look up the item again it takes me to blank search screen, not the results from my prior search like it used to so I then have to search again and try to find the correct item yet again. 

Best Answer

@Brookell I know its not the point but if its the same food once found and logged you can add it as a favourite then it will be in your food list - would that be better for you

Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed this issue as well and it's really annoying. But it seems the Fitbit Team is aware of it. I think it has to do with the "live search" function of the Food Search. What I find really annoying is that if you open the Log Food screen and start typing your search immediately, after maybe 5 seconds or so all that you typed will be erased. I've had quite a bit of time to be annoyed and think about this issue and it occurs to me that the "live search" function of the food log is instantiating several seconds after the Log Food screen loads and one of its tasks is to make sure the "Log Food" search bar is cleared of all characters. This seems like a related issue to what you describe. When returning from an unwanted food item, one of the things that happens is that the "live search" clears the search bar. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only use the app and there is no option to add favorites in it. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

ah I see what you mean now - been looking into it and looks like they add and remove the function like we change socks , it would be nice if they listened to all the requirements we ask for and not just a select few, it could be sooo much better than what it currently is, I know its a long way round but if need be add new food and it will appear in my foods list - not ideal but may work or even use MFP but again it doesn't solve the problem - sorry I misunderstood the issue and hope they put a feature in soon

Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes