Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password got changed without my knowledge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning , I received an email stating that “ There was a recent change to my FITBIT ACCOUNT PASSWORD”!

I have read here that emails have been changed ( hacked) . I am assuming I should change my current password.

Why Fitbit? I find this unnerving !

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @MadMadge65@JohnnyRow Thanks for helping our friend.

@MadMadge65 Thanks for letting us know about this situation. I understand your concern and I'm sorry you've gone through this experience. Before anything else, let me share with you that sometimes Fitbit will send an email to reset your password as a security measure. Either if the sender is from Fitbit or not, I'd still recommend changing your password to secure your account by following the steps described here.

By the way, in this help article you can find more information and resources to help you secure your Fitbit account and data.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Look very carefully at where that email came from.  And do not click on any link in the email to change your password.  There is a good chance it is someone wanting you to go to their link and type in your password for them.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi there, @MadMadge65@JohnnyRow Thanks for helping our friend.

@MadMadge65 Thanks for letting us know about this situation. I understand your concern and I'm sorry you've gone through this experience. Before anything else, let me share with you that sometimes Fitbit will send an email to reset your password as a security measure. Either if the sender is from Fitbit or not, I'd still recommend changing your password to secure your account by following the steps described here.

By the way, in this help article you can find more information and resources to help you secure your Fitbit account and data.

Best Answer
0 Votes