Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past Calorie Burn Wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Thank you for reading. I just set up my fitbit tonight and it said for the year of 2015 I burned 1500 calories everyday. I was wondering how do I delete that in order for me to start off fresh and accurate. Any help would be great, cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The calories you are seeing are your basal metabolic rate (BMR) calories. Based on the height, weight, age, and gender you enter into your account, Fitbit calculates the calories you burn during the day just by being alive. It sets this to a constant rate over the day by dividing the total by 15 minutes, the segments you would see if you look at a plot of your calories. Then, over the day, it adds these calories on. When you exercise, Fitbit adds those calories burned to your BMR calories. Based on the data from your first day, Fitbit back populates this BMR for about a year to give you a comparison point.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The calories you are seeing are your basal metabolic rate (BMR) calories. Based on the height, weight, age, and gender you enter into your account, Fitbit calculates the calories you burn during the day just by being alive. It sets this to a constant rate over the day by dividing the total by 15 minutes, the segments you would see if you look at a plot of your calories. Then, over the day, it adds these calories on. When you exercise, Fitbit adds those calories burned to your BMR calories. Based on the data from your first day, Fitbit back populates this BMR for about a year to give you a comparison point.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow very scientific! Thank you so much for your quick and helpful response!!

--
Best Answer
0 Votes