Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help reset incorrect lifetime badges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are some badges on my Wife's account that she did not earn and she is disheartened because now she cant earn any of the weightloss badges she was working towards.  The reward system is effectively broken for her.  She just bought a new FitBit and started a 6 month free trial of Premium, excited to start working towards those goals again only to find out that she was unable to work towards rewards.

We contacted customer support and talked with Shanice. The CSM has stated that they cannot reset badge progress, and the only way to reset badges is to delete the account, stop using the device and account for at least 7 days (dont try to login on any device), then create the account new.

They also reiterated that you may not be eligible for any premium trial (even if there is time left on our current premium trial). This is a huge disappointment for someone who just started their premium trial and bought a new device and is being told to delete their account, and to not use their new device for an entire week, in hopes that they can use premium services. At this point, its a huge disappointment.

Please help

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @BrandonJ 

Did you explain that you just wanted the weight loss badges to be deleted? (I’m assuming those badges are your biggest concern of being deleted) Using the term “Lifetime Badges” encompasses  the step badges which I could understand the difficulty in removing those badges. 

If it’s just weight loss badges I’d contact Fitbit Customer Service again and clarify that with them. That might make a difference. 

It is possible. Look here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/How-to-delete-badges/td-p/4269186

‘Fitbit Customer Service: https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US

I hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed i did mention that. The representatives (all 3, text, voice, and management team) called them Lifetime badges and told me they cant be reset/removed

Best Answer

Gosh @BrandonJ I’m really sorry to hear that. I’ve heard of Fitbit removing accidental weight loss badges (as I showed you in the links) but I guess this is something they no longer do. I was unaware that they no longer offered that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes