Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps to manually sync on fitbit.com

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know the steps on fitbit.com to manually sync my inspire?  The dashboard tells me I haven't synced lately, yet there is no icon, link, or button to start a sync. There is a link to an article, but that article does not help either.  I have looked everywhere, searched help, googled, and more.  How frustrating.  Since syncing is essential to a full fitbit experience, you would think they would make it easier to initiate a sync. Ready to give up.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@JAT7,

Welcome to the community!

You can't actually sync from fitbit.com.  It's just the website.

You'll need to sync through whatever device you initially established your account; this is most likely a smartphone.

You could also set up the Fitbit software through your computer.  Please go to http://www.fitbit.com/setup to do that.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I get ya, it's very frustrating. I use my Fitbit app on my cellphone and sometimes the app on my laptop. I have a former coworker who, somehow, doesn't want the app on her phone or tablet (which would make things so much easier), but thinks it only can be done on her computer. Her computer is ancient, it got an update to Windows 10, which is now making the whole computer slower than a sloth walking in molasses. She messages me constantly about the Fitbit issues and it not working, and I can't do a whole lot for her when I'm at my house and she's at hers. And with this stay-at-home order, I'm not going to travel to her house to figure it out. Explaining it to her using the website and maybe the app program on her computer is easier. But just like you, there is no way to manually hit a "sync" button on the website, yet we have the dongle which could potentially be used to do that too. 

Sorry for the rant, I'm just as frustrated as you are with the website not having a sync button.

Best Answer

You should add syncing to the website, my phone stopped working and I don't want to waste space on my computer when I could just use the Website.

Please start talking to devs to get this added.

Best Answer

Hello @KakashiHatake77 and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but Fitbit is going in the other direction.  Syncing to computers is going away.   Your Fitbit stores 7 days of detailed data and 30 days of basic data.  I hope you get your phone fixed soon.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Ok, Also is the fitbit luxe a good fitbit

Best Answer