Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer: no pregnancy setting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: THEY REMOVED THIS SETTING

From my understanding the pregnancy setting is active now. What should I set my weight goal to now? Should I set it to gain .5 a week or set tp maintain weight since my calories burned automatically includes the extra pregnancy calories?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @JuliaBT!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. Please do know that no comment goes unnoticed.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

@jarpan Congratulations on your new baby! I recommend you enter your current weight for both and change it after the baby is born. The "pregnancy" option in your account settings will change your BMR appropriately (BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate, or the calories your body burns every day by being alive).

If you wish to enable or disable this option, visit your fitbit.com Dashboard and click the gear icon at the top-right, then choose "Settings". Under your "Personal Info" section, you'll see the option to change Pregnancy accordingly. Be sure to click the "Save" button at the bottom once you've made a change. You'll see your caloric totals change accordingly based on this setting, as well as your height, weight, age, and gender. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorStephanie | Community Advocate

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer

I just found out that I'm pregnant Smiley Very Happy, so I went to the settings page to change the pregnancy setting but found that the only options: Not Pregnant, 2nd Trimester, 3rd Trimester.  Any clue as to why there isn't a 1st Trimester option?  Thanks!

Best Answer
I asked the same question and received the response that the first trimester there is no caloric changes. Later I received an email from fitbit stating that the pregnancy option is not working....So I am guessing it's not active anyways. Hello Jennifer,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your email as we are currently managing a high volume of email contacts.

We're glad to assist you with regard to having pregnancy and nursing options in your Dashboard.

At this time, your Dashboard doesn't adjust calorie needs for pregnant and nursing women.
Best Answer
Ive wondered the same thing as I am in my 1st trimester.
Best Answer
I know it was a while ago but I received an email later staying the buttons
dont work currently. 😞
Best Answer

I am pregnant and also tracking my weight, but I have my goal weight set to 165 LBS, which is how much I want to stay under until I deliver. I update my current weight as I progress through the pregnancy. Is setting my goal weight this way a bad idea? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

wow fit bit must know more than a dr because my dr told me 300 calories extra 1st trimester, 500 calories extra 2nd trimester , and 800 calories 3rd trimester. 

Best Answer

Hey there @Kandrapitcher @jarpan @357Magnolia @chel_by_the_sea @lwiley80 blessings for you and your babies! Heart

I was investigating more about this inquiry and at the moment this portion of the Dashboard is not operational, Fitbit is striving to improve products and services, and they very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our users. So, thank you very much for your inquiries! 

Please remember that calorie burn estimate that Fitbit provides takes into account your BMR, the activity recorded by your tracker, and any activities you log manually. Your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the rate at which you burn calories at rest just to maintain vital body functions like breathing, heartbeat, and brain activity. Your BMR usually accounts for at least half of the calories you burn in a day and is estimated based on the physical data you entered when you set up your account: gender, age, height, and weight. 

However, I definitely recommend ask your doctor for specific and correct information about your calories burned, we can't doubt the information from your doctor. Costumer Support are trained to give you technical support for your Fitbit trackers (understand how it works , how to use it and sometimes they can give you some tips to hit your goals). 

In addition girls, let me share with you this post "How to make my calories more accurate" and this other one from @MarreFitbit "Calorie counting". You'll find some tips and helpful information to improve your healthy mommy life. 

I hope this helps and if you have any additional questions, I'll do my best to help you out! 

Enjoy your day! Cat Embarassed

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly this should be customized as caloric intake will differ based on moms current weight/health. Women should discuss diet/nutrition with their provider and make an individualized plan. I was hoping the Fitbit app would adust heart rate because with pregnancy cardiac output increases raising the resting heart rate so the Fitbit app tells me I'm out of shape when my heart rate is actually ideal for pregnancy.

Best Answer

It's great to have you in the Community @AlishaCM!

That's definitely a great suggestion. I found this post in our Feature Suggestions board mentioning the creating of a pregnancy and nursing setting that actually adjusts this information so that readings are much more accurate. You can vote for it, or comment, to show your support.

Hope to see you around!

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Really??  Thats quite interesting, I was in the medical field for 8 years, my husband is still in the medical field, and I'm on the second pregnancy, yet I have never heard of those specific recommendations.  It depends on the individual, of course, if you have a below normal BMI to begin with you're recommended to gain more weight that those of normal BMI.  If you fall within the normal BMI range, generally it is recommended that you only increase your caloric intake by 500 calories in the 3rd trimester, which really isn't much.  It also depends on your personal requirements with respect to your health and exercise regime.  My point being, it would be impossible for fitbit to automatically change one's caloric requirements based on their stage in pregnancy.  As you can see, different medical providers have different recommendations, and those recommendations vary from patient to patient.  It is definitely safer that fitbit doesn't recommend or adjust anything at all.  I think a better alternative would be to customize HR and caloric intake based on the patient's doctor's personal recommendations.

Best Answer

Thank you very much for joining the Community @VikiMoney

Thanks a very good insight on the whole situation. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge on the matter of pregnancy.

Hope to see you around the Community! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant seem to find the pregnancy setting on my account help!

Best Answer

I can not figure out where the settings are for this. Under my settings there is no where where I can put in im

pregnant. 😞

Best Answer

Thanks for stepping into the Community @Frances81 and @Pattycaketoro! Congratulations on your pregnancies!

The pregnant and nursing settings have been removed from the settings. We do have a suggestion post asking to add Pregnancy and nursing settings. Perhaps you could vote for it or comment on it to show your support for the idea.

Hope to see you around and I wish you both very happy pregnancies! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Asking people to post and vote on a feature suggestion on a thread that started 02-14-2015 does not bode well for customer service or satisfaction.  If Fitbit really valued women's health issues this could be prioritized and resolved.

Best Answer

Hello @JuliaBT!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. Please do know that no comment goes unnoticed.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer

The comments may not go unnoticed, but they are certainly unresolved and have been for years.  It is disappointing that a company that prides itself on customer service is failing an enormous group of customers in such a way. 

Best Answer

I don't see this option on my Fitbit.com dashboard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes