Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile name

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cannot get my profile name on the dashboard to change and support cannot seem to help me do this.... they have gave several suggestions as far as logging out and back in and waiting 24 hours to see if it updates... nothing seems to work has anyone else had this problem?  What did u do to get a name change to process? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I didn't think it was possible to change our profile id. What process are you using to try to do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see you on the Forums @Bcoyle! I hope you enjoy your time in here.

What specific profile name are you trying to change? Regularly the Dashboard should just let you change your name without any issues.

Like @SteveH said, we'd need a bit more information on what is it that you need to do so that we can assist you.

Look forwardto helping you get this resolved.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would also like to change the way my name is displayed on the dashboard, next to my profile photo. When I try to update my profile, the name on my dashboard doesn't appear on my profile. Is this something that must be changed on the back end (by someone who has Admin rights)? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new names on the Community @Sharon_G! Thanks for coming in!

I recommend that you get in touch with the Support team in this case. They will be happy to help you! 

Please do keep me posted on how it goes with them.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem.  I can update it in my profile but when I save and go back out the name that is shown by my profile picture is still the old name.  If I go back into edit the profile it shows what I updated it as so I know it saved correctly.  If you get it figured out, please let me know.

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @mmaioc

Like mentioned above, I'd recommend that you get in touch with our Support Team. They'll gladly assist you.

Hope to see you around the Forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone ever figure this out? I emailed support. I await a reply buuuut... There doesn't seem to be any way or where whether it be online or in app to change your "profile page" name. 

Serenity now!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joining the Community @thesaltymermaid

At this time the best way to go about it would be to wait for support's reply. There is no specific way to change the profile name, or nickname, on the Dashboard or any app.

Be sure to let us know how it goes once they reply.

Best Answer
Thank you for replying. I'll spread the news if I hear anything.
Serenity now!
Best Answer

As you all may have noticed, it's all easy to change now... so yay, we won! LOL!

Serenity now!
Best Answer

Seems it was an issue w Fitbit and it is changed now 🙂 I was wanting to change my display name because it did include my prior married name in it. Thanks for trying to help

Best Answer

Hello @Bcoyle.

Thanks for letting us know! Glad that everything is better now.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users, maybe something will pique your interest.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes