Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Can not manually add an activity on Fitbit.com Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 10/02/2017:  Hi everyone! I have some good news to share here. You should no longer experience issues manually logging activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard since this issue is now resolved

Since this issue is now resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be around!

--

We've received reports that users are unable to manually log activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard and I've merged a few posts together. 

I've let our team know and will continue to update this thread as I Iearn more. Note that this does not appear to be affecting the app. If you have access to the Fitbit app we recommend using that as a workaround in the meantime. 

Thanks very much for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

I'm glad to find this thread, but very upset about the problem.

I don't think I've ever been able to add an activity and sync from the ios App.  I can log it, it shows for 2 seconds, then says 'Try again to sync' and disappears.  That in itself is really annoying, but now the 'surefire' computer option also doesn't work.

It seems I'm not the only one affected.  The problem is that if you get people hooked on statistics and logging things as second-nature through your products, they're bound to notice and be upset when they suddenly can't.

Please fix it!

Thank you.

Best Answer

BTW - yes I can access the app on my PC but I don't know how to log my hula hooping via the app. It only seems to have pre-stored exercise. Please can you let me know how I would record this via the app. 

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LouellaDeville You need to create the Custom Activity via the PC.

Then you will have access to the Activity on the phone App

That works, just tested on the Android

@LouellaDeville wrote:

BTW - yes I can access the app on my PC but I don't know how to log my hula hooping via the app. It only seems to have pre-stored exercise. Please can you let me know how I would record this via the app. 

Thanks.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Any progress on this? Tried again this morning and still cannot enter any data.

Best Answer

Same problem here and I do not have access to the app, please don't assume users do - it's not compatible with my smartphone.

Best Answer

It doesn't work in the app either. That is not the solution. 

Best Answer

I see people are still having problems with this.  When will this be corrected?  There are complaints back from the 27th.  Not acceptable.  

Best Answer

@Cinbad @Spooka As we are finding out there are too many variables in many issues with Fitbit software. I can only suggest what works for me on my non compatible mobile.. My only issue is the Web site activity logging.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem I hope they fix this as I use it all the time.  

Best Answer

I too have been having trouble. I swim every Sunday and they only way I can log this activity is manually on my computer. Today it did not work. I rebooted the computer, updated the Fit bit app and it still did not work. Help is appreciated!! 

Best Answer

Looks like new food items can't be added either. I can only add simple nutritional info not detailed. sigh I'm writing down everything in a book so I don't lose it. I don't have Phone to use that App only PC. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have too. Tried all my browsers I also tried it on my phone, both of my laptops, NOTHING!  Just received an update about 15 minutes ago, and I thought that would fix it.  I still can't manually add my activities.  This is getting beyond frustrating!!!!!  

Best Answer

I also have an Android (Samsung Galaxy), and I cannot add it on my phone either.  Beyond frustrating!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem only since yesterday. On app and online. Not very motivated to get moving if I can't document it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a sneaky feeling we are going to get hit with a charge for adding activities.

Best Answer

Tomtopper that would never happen.  They know that would spell the kiss of death for them as no one is going to continue with the Fitbits if they can't manually include, at no charge, the information their product can't track. Manual input is a value add to them, people won't pay extra. The ability to add manually is what keeps their product useful.

Best Answer

When I click on an activity in Activities page, nothing happens. The activity will not open so I can update my activities. Why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still can't edit activities via the Dashboard (Sunday, 10/1).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed your instructions re the "problem with Samsung." I updated. It appeared to work for a few days. Now I am back to square one. Over 13,000 "visible on Zip" steps again yesterday...and nothing on the website. Battery fairly new.

NOTE ... sorry guys, I posted this on the wrong section. Ignore. My problem solved - for the moment 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
It won't be up and functioning until sometime this week, to my understanding...
Best Answer
0 Votes