Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Data Export tool isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/25/17

This issue has now been fully resolved, and data exports should work normally again. Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue.

Fitbit Update: 09/06/17

We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

Hello, 

Do you have an update on this issue?

I am unable to download my data.

Best Answer

Same, I would like to download my data before setting up a new Fitbit, but alas, no dice on downloading.

used both safari and firefox on a mac air running macOS Sierra latest version.

Best Answer

Not working for me either. Please fix.

Best Answer

I'm not able to download any sleep data at Settings>Data Export. When I click the download button, a spinning button appears but no file is generated.

If I only select 'Body data', it works, but when 'Sleep data' is selected nothing happens when clicking the download button.

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue trying to export Activity data for this week to an XLS file. Chrome on Windows.

Best Answer

Thanks for stepping into the Forums @ezp@EJOLSON and @vccri!

Unfortunately we do not have any updates at the moment. I definitely understand that this can be very frustrating. I am keeping my eyes open in case any updates are shared so that I can come back with news. 

Thanks for your understanding and you patience. If there are any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there any other way to have the data exported? Or are we just stick for the time being?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm trying to export my activities and sleep data to a CSV. I've selected different alternatives, but none of them work. When I select a period (less than 31 days), the web page start processing, but never get the results. I've been waiting for half an hour and no results has been shown. 

Tried CSV, XLS, This week, This Month, etc, Google Chrome and IE.  Always have the same result, no output data from my query, no error, no message. 

Best Answer

cannot make this happen. contacted Fitbit Help Desk, that confirmed I was doing it correctly, ie:

1. Log into your dashboard and click the gear icon in the upper right.
  2. Click Settings > Data Export.
  3. Choose the time period and type of data you want to export. Each export file can contain 30 days worth of data. Note that if you choose more than one data type, your file will have a tab for each type of data. If you want  to export more than 30 days worth of data, you’ll need to run additional exports.
  4. Choose a file type and click Download. The file is instantly available in your Downloads folder.

however, at Step 4, after clicking Download,  the screen just "hangs" and nothing further happens - there is no Download.

Suggestions, please?   many thanks, Ellsie

Best Answer

I've had trouble exporting data for the last two days. Anyone else having the same problem?

Best Answer

I have been unable to export for the past two days?? Hopefully someone will be able to help.

Best Answer

I have been trying since Wednesday, and it's not working for me either!  All it does is just keep spinning, hopefully it is fixed soon!

Best Answer

I cannot export data this morning either.  

Best Answer

I have seen many threads on here about the Data Export thread not working.  What is the status of this?  I just tried unsuccessfully all morning. I have utilized combinations of XLS and CSV, along with different browsers.

I want to provide this information to my doctor on my checkup next week.  Can this be resolved quickly?

Best Answer

I've never had an issue downloading data the past 2 years but now it just spins in both Chrome and IE explorer and won't download.  Anyone know why and how to resolve the issue?  The data is there but won't download

Best Answer

Data export worked for me until Aug 24. Since then it has not worked. I was also effected by the March problem, but it was finally resolved. It appears the number of customers impacted by this is growing. Please apply more resources and find a permanent fix for this problem.

Best Answer
I'm not sure if this will apply to anyone else, but for me it turned out to
be network specific. When I had the issue I was trying to export the data
on my work network, and it was always hanging at "waiting for proxy
tunnel." When I tried at home it worked just fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also am having the same problem--just continues to cycle, but nothing else happens.

Best Answer