Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RHR fluctuations

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't wear my fitbit to sleep. I've noticed that when I'm resting my RHR would fluctuate from 56- 105 bpm in about a minute span. I feel fine, which makes me think my fitbit might be acting up. Anyone have similar issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @KareP 

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you don't wear your Fitbit when you sleep?

I'm thinking that since you aren't wearing your device for a significant number of hours, especially while you're resting/sleeping, the Fitbit RHR algorithm is not getting all your data in order to determine a more accurate RHR.

BTW, which Fitbit device are you using?

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not uncommon for Fitbit or other wearable fitness trackers to occasionally provide inaccurate readings, especially when it comes to heart rate monitoring. Fluctuations in heart rate readings, such as the ones you described, could be due to various factors, including sensor sensitivity, positioning of the device on your wrist, or even environmental factors.

If you're feeling fine and not experiencing any other symptoms, it's possible that your Fitbit may be experiencing some technical issues. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check Fitbit Placement: Ensure that your Fitbit is securely fastened to your wrist and positioned correctly. It should be snug but not too tight, and the sensor should be in contact with your skin.

2. Clean the Sensor: Sometimes, dirt, sweat, or residue can accumulate on the sensor, affecting its accuracy. Try cleaning the sensor and the underside of the Fitbit with a soft, damp cloth.

3. Restart or Reset: If you continue to experience erratic readings, try restarting your Fitbit or performing a factory reset. Refer to the user manual or Fitbit's support website for instructions on how to do this.

4. Update Firmware: Ensure that your Fitbit's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, software updates can improve sensor accuracy and performance.

5. Contact Fitbit Support: If the problem persists, reach out to Fitbit's customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or offer a replacement device if yours is faulty.

It's also worth noting that while wearable fitness trackers can provide useful insights into your health and fitness, they're not always 100% accurate. If you have any concerns about your heart rate or overall health, consider consulting with a healthcare professional for further evaluation and advice. Must

Best Answer