Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Range based Goal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I like the new sleep benchmark range report. It is an example of a 'goal' model that I'd like to see with Fitbit. My preference is to set my goals in a range; Sleep 6.5 to 7 hours, Steps 10 to 12 k, etc... For OCD type people the goals and missing it by just a smidge can be frustrating and counter productive to the intent of the app.

This also applies to comparison. I don't like to be compared in steps as people are all over the map and a Marathon runner will always have more steps than me and I don't want to feel defeated. I'd rather see things like % of goal comparisons for the day and over time.

Point being, Fitbit is a great tracker but the finite settings can cause people anxiety that undermines why they purchased the product - to have a system that supports their goal of a healthier life style. Becoming obsessed and then depressed by 'missing' a target is a real challenge for many folks.

Thanks for the thoughts and considerations on this topic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A very warm welcome to the Community @Guilcolax

That is a very interesting idea. I would definitely encourage you to go into the Feature Suggestions board to post it there. A very in-depth explanation would also be great. Once something is posted there, other users can vote for the ideas and comment on them to show their interest and support on the idea.

Hope to see you there and around the Community! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes