Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] - Received erroneous lifetime badge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 9/14

This issue should now be resolved, and the erroneous badges have been removed. Thank you for your patience, everyone!

Our team is aware that some Fitbit users have received an erroneous lifetime badge and we are currently working to resolve this problem. Thanks for everybody’s patience while we work this out and we will keep you posted with updates in this thread!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
246 REPLIES 246
I'm just curious, but are there different badges for different Fitbits? I earned my Italy badge (1,184 lifetime km) in July, and a friend of mine just earned the New Zealand badge (990 lifetime km), but I never received that badge when I hit that milestone. Is it just me?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a fitbit flex and the other day I was awarded the new Zealand lifetime distance badge. Then today I was awarded the great barrier reef badge when I clearly haven't already reached that yet! Can someone please tell me what is going on?
Best Answer
0 Votes
According to the app, I just got my Earth Badge (7,900) miles. This is false. I am nowhere near that. I have about 5,400 miles and am just short of a Great Wall of China badge (5,500 miles). At the same time today, several other people in my challenges suddenly got big badges too (i. e. Pole to Pole, Russian Railroad). Something has gone haywire with the app. I would like to have the fake badge taken away, as it will take away from real accomplishments.
Best Answer
Thanks! All the previous posts I found were from quite some time ago. Glad
to see I'm not the only one mystified by this.
Best Answer
I had the same thing happen. I received three unearned badges. Unfortunately customer service just told me I earned them and didn't realize.... I can look at my dashboard and see that 1520 miles shouldn't earn me the 1600,1869, and 1997 mile badges. But according to customer service I don't know what I'm talking about.
Best Answer

This happened to me too. I just earned the India badge on Tuesday, August 15 and today I earned both the Monarch Migration and Sahara badges. I called Fitbit support. There is an issue with the most recent Flex software update. When I log on to my account from my computer, it shows my mileage is correct, but my steps are completely wrong. Hopefully they resolve the issue and remove badges that were not earned. I'd like mine removed.

Best Answer
My husband and I each earned 2 distance badges today. I still have about 20 miles to get my Monarch but I got both Monarch and Sahara today!
Best Answer

@MaxineBarbara wrote:
I have a fitbit flex and the other day I was awarded the new Zealand lifetime distance badge. Then today I was awarded the great barrier reef badge when I clearly haven't already reached that yet! Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Cat Happy @Anna49

@MaxineBarbara

Have moved your post from the Flex section and merged with this thread in the fitbit.com dashboard section regarding the issue with the badges.

@middleton kindly contacted the support team and fitbit is aware about this.

coollogo_com-18803402.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

The customer service I just got off the phone with did not even know of the problem.  She escalated my case.  just as I was hanging up I saw the announcement. 

Best Answer
So now Fitbit is deleting my comments on this thread, because I'm stating that there customer service rep argued with me when I into ally reported the problem. I simply asked @DerrickS for an apology. You shouldn't insult the customer when your product malfunctions
Best Answer

I was wondering what happened, as I earned 4 lifetime badges today and due to foot pain lately, I haven't been getting a lot of miles in, so I knew I hadn't walked about 20,000 miles in one day 🙂

Best Answer
This needs to get fixed
Best Answer
I have not received badges recently and I should have a Siberian...how do I check my lifetime miled?
Best Answer

I'm going to be pretty disappointed in FitBit if this doesn't get fixed. Those badges are a big motivating factor & now, if they don't revert, I won't get another for almost 3,000 miles (basically a year).

Best Answer

My next distance badge should be Great Barrier Reed (1600 miles), which I expect to earn by the end of the month.  But today i was awarded the India badge (so did a friend who hasn't had his FitBit terribly long).  I'm in a work week challenge, and two of the 10 other participants so far have received badges today, too.  

Best Answer

I am set to go over 7,900 miles tomorrow morning which is the next badge I am supposed to recieve. Instead you sent me a Pole-to-Pole badge for 12,430 miles!!!!. The diameter of the earth at the poles is 7,900. I was really looking forward to tomorrow morning and finding out what the 7,900 mile badge was going to be 

Best Answer
@SteveSenesac It's happened to a lot of people today. Frustrating. Hoping the can reverse the unearned badges, but so far customer service has been pretty combative. At least in my experience with them.
Best Answer
Do we need to inform fitbit? I just jumped from sahara to Nile in 1 day and am annoyed by that as well. Would like to have reset so i only have the sahara badge. Thank you!
Best Answer
I got one as well and haven't been able to sync since.
Best Answer

Thanks Chris, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a few days to correct this. I just hope my miles are retained in the meantime becuase I usually use the badge information to track how many miles I do each day or week. Right now it looks like it is stuck at 12,430 and won't budge

Best Answer