Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I still set workout on fitbit when i run fitstar?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I use fitstar it puts my calories burned in the log and when I set my watch it adds calories burned as well. Should I be doing/seeing both or is the app cancelling out one? I don't want to cheat or lie to myself without knowing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for joining the Forums @bakaneko718!

In this case @LZeeW is absolutely right. The best way to is to go with either one or the other. 

If you did find that reply useful, perhaps you could click on the 'Accept as Solution'  button below the post.That would help other users having the same question find the answer they need.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@bakaneko718  I haven't tried it to see what happens, but I do not think you should put your tracker in Workout mode when doing a Fitstar workout.  My sense as a user is that it will double count the calories. 

This is my observation when looking at the details of a Fitstar workout.  If an routine says you will burn 231 calories, it will credit you with 231 calories.  The calorie burn gets overwritten -- you see a flat line for calorie burn, not the typical line of ups and downs.  And if a routine is set for 22 minutes, you will get 22 active minutes.  So if you pause the workout and run to get the water you forgot, you will still get 22 minutes.  The Fitstar workout doesn't credit the steps for the jumping jacks it made me do, but those steps are on the tracker -- they don't seem to be erased.

Not a bad trade off for a workout which is said to be personalized.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for joining the Forums @bakaneko718!

In this case @LZeeW is absolutely right. The best way to is to go with either one or the other. 

If you did find that reply useful, perhaps you could click on the 'Accept as Solution'  button below the post.That would help other users having the same question find the answer they need.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes