Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker not tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For the last two weeks, The sleep tracker is saying I only slept between 3 and three hours a night. And I have clearly slept more.. Half of my sleep tracking in light blue.. It's been that way for two weeks. Anybody else having that problem??
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Melindasoo welcome to the Community! Wow, that's pretty weird. Cat Surprised I suggest restarting your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clasp the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your Alta. Alta will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 
  4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After that keep an eye to your tracker's behavior when recording sleep and post me back with the outcome! Cat Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Ya, I tried that the other day reading from the other discussions and it still did not work. It's strange how it all of a sudden just started happening. It was normal sleep, between 7 to 8 hours sleep and now it's only between 2 to 4.. Everything else is working fine..
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Melindasoo thanks for getting back to me. That's pretty odd; usually a restart will do the trick. Well, let's try a couple of things. You might want to restart one more time and then try changing your sleep sensitivity settings and keep an eye to how your tracker behaves with a different sleep sensitivity setting. Just make sure to sync your tracker after any change you make to your account. 

Also, if you feel the automatic sleep detection is inaccurate, you can use the app to start and stop sleep tracking instead by following these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap the + icon in the top right corner and tap Begin Sleep Now. You can minimize the app and sleep will still be tracked.
  3. When you wake up, tap I'm Awake, then tap View Summary to see a summary of your sleep. 

Another alternative would be to edit the sleep log to better reflect your time asleep, just follow these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap the sleep log you want to edit.
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right corner and find an option to edit your sleep log.
  4. Adjust the time you went to sleep or the time you woke up. Don't forget to save.

Hope this helps, keep me posted with the outcome! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer