Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for activity disappeared

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On Saturday (1/21) I did a 30 min walk. In the evening I checked my Fitbit and saw that I was close to my step goal so I started walking (I just needed 500 more) and the next thing I know my steps for the day dropped way down! after doing some checking it shows my walk but in the number of steps it says N/A. how do I get them back? what happened?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hey @Heatherw2.

That sounds very frustrating!

I'd like to take a closer look into what could be happening. Could you take a screen shot of the activity list and let me know which one is it that no longer shows the steps?

In the meantime, was the activity renamed? Perhaps you could try renaming it to something like Walk it Hike so that the steps show up again.

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Note the +0 stepsNote the +0 steps

0AC6F8F4-8D33-4535-82DA-976C42743092.png

F67D3565-42EE-445C-BF3F-59BBB8CC9F61.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope all that makes sense. It is possible it was originally a run that I reclassified as a walk. I tried to change it to a hike and it doesn't do anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Heatherw2.

Thanks for getting back to me with those pictures.

In case it is being caused by the app not loading the information from the server correctly, let's try to log out of the app and then log back in. That should cause the tracker to reload everything again.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

so I think I kinda have this figured out, but there is a big problem. My original entry shows it as a run, but it was really a walk so I reclassified it as a walk. when I do this the steps go away. If I change it back to a run the steps return! So, i have returned it to a run, but the problem still exists. How do I report this as a bug in the program. it hasn't always been this way because I know I have reclassified things before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Heatherw2.

Thanks for reaching back with that update.

I will be letting the rest of the team know about it. 

What I'd like to ask of you, would be to try and recreate the same situation. Log a run and then rename it to a walk and see if the same thing happens again.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes