Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiles on the Dashboard not uploading/refreshing (language related?)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the app-troubles last week, my mobile Android app is working fine again. However I keep having troubles with the Dashboard.
When the settings for my language are set to Dutch (Dutch), the tiles for "Today" and "Distance" will not refresh anymore.
"Today" keeps giving a spinning grey wheel, the totals in "Distance" will stay empty..
When the settings for my language are set to Dutch (English) or English, then the tiles on the dashboard are okay, but the numbers and language on the watch get messed up (1.000 km becomes 1,000 km etc.). Besides that, I like to see the data and text on the watch in the Dutch language.

Has anyone seen the same behavior (with other languages then English)?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Zaat 
If uploading of pictures doesn't work via your mobile, try it on your computer. 

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
51 REPLIES 51

Hello @Corr, it's great to see you around! Thank you for the information! 

Please try clearing your browser's cache. Directions on how to clear your cache on a variety of browsers can be found here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache . 

Also, you may try to use another browser to see if it helps. Make sure to review this help article as well: How do I change my language on Fitbit?

Hope to see you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WilsonFitbit 

Thanks for your help and the additional information.

I allready cleared the cache everywhere and checked all language and location settings before posting my message.

After your reply I did it once again, just to be sure but it makes no difference.

Using Firefox instead of Chrome/Google doesn't help either.

What puzzles me is that the step tile, that keeps spinning, gives the date in English, all other text changes to Dutch when I change the language from English to Dutch. So to me it looks as if it is stuck.

Screenshot_20210305-212235.jpg

Best Answer

Since some time now the upper left  card of my dashboard in Chrome shows only a busy GIF.

Normally there was a circle with steps done  and the small circle with active minutes ...

I removed all cookies and site data of all sites having 'fitbit' in it, that didn't help.

What can I do ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too, since 3 March. I've got a Fitbit Versa 2.
I've cleared the cache, restarted my computer several times. 
I can't delete the tile and add it once more.
I've called Support, but thet don't know what to do either.

Exactly the same here.

* Cleared cache (in every possible place): no result.

* Restarting computer: no result

* Different three browers: no result

* Change settings to English (and other languages): yes, that works

* Change settings back to Dutch again (my mother tongue): the same large tile (with a summary in steps, cal. etc) as Corr doesn't want to load.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

@LinBbm , @Zaat I am having the same problem and posted a thread on the subject on March 5th: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Distance-and-today-tile-not-updating-Language-r...

@WilsonFitbit suggested not only to clear the cache, but also to try another browser.

None of the two options worked for me, maybe the two of you have more luck.

I am under the impression the problem is language related, but I am not sure. As long as the settings are set to English, there is no problem at all. As soon as I switch to my own language (Dutch), the tile Steps shows a spinning weel and in the tile Activities and Statistics the totals don't show anymore.

As Fitbit made quite some changes in the language settings, I guessed this could have caused the problem.

Best Answer

Hello @LinBbm@Zaat, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting! 

@LinBbm, @Zaat, I'd like to let you know that I've moved your posts to this thread for updates and tips. On a side note, looks like the inconvenience is just when the Dashboard is set to Dutch. In order to take a further look into this inconvenience, I'd like to ask if you can send screenshots as @Corr did, but this time, include screenshots when the data is displayed while the Dashboard is set in English and when you change it to Dutch with the spinning wheel. This information will be useful for investigation. 

@Corr, thank you for following the suggested tips and for the screenshot that you provided!

I look forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WilsonFitbit 

I don't have permission to upload images, a red bar tells me when I try to upload two printscreens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WilsonFitbit 

The same problem for me.

• The two tiles in English:

BubbaB_0-1615277780700.png

• The two tiles in Dutch:
    Note: in Dutch, the name of the date is not translated from English to Dutch (part of the cause?)

BubbaB_1-1615277946216.png

Fitbit One, iPhone 7
Best Answer

Hi @Zaat 
If uploading of pictures doesn't work via your mobile, try it on your computer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't make any reply on my mobile. I only use my laptop + Google Chrome (updated)
If I drag and drop an image, I get a red bar, forbidding me to upload images. If I use the camera icon, I can't navigate to my image folder.

This is what happens when I upload my images:

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 5 posts, I now am allowed to use the camera (Insert photo's), which I couldn't use before:

Dutch.JPGEnglish.JPG

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

Thank you very much for the screenshots and the time you've taken to report this inconvenience! I've managed to share this information with my team and I hope a resolution can be found soon. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

Thanks @WilsonFitbit 

I hope they will find the bug and will be able to fix it.

Best Answer

Thank you @WilsonFitbit 

I will be patient 😊

Fitbit One, iPhone 7
Best Answer

@Corr@BubbaB,

Thank you very much for your patience! 😊

Have a great day! 

Best Answer

Thanks for what you do @WilsonFitbit! It's well appreciated!

Best Answer

@Zaat, it's a pleasure! 

Have a wonderful day! 

Best Answer

Its not just a language issue. I'm getting the same spinning icon in the steps tile and I use English and don't switch to another language. Its been happening for about a week.

Can't upload pic because apparently I don't have permission. But its the same as the pics above but in English.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chalmation 

After 5 posts/replies you are able to upload images. This is either on the smartphone, or online.

Best Answer
0 Votes