Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiles on the Dashboard not uploading/refreshing (language related?)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the app-troubles last week, my mobile Android app is working fine again. However I keep having troubles with the Dashboard.
When the settings for my language are set to Dutch (Dutch), the tiles for "Today" and "Distance" will not refresh anymore.
"Today" keeps giving a spinning grey wheel, the totals in "Distance" will stay empty..
When the settings for my language are set to Dutch (English) or English, then the tiles on the dashboard are okay, but the numbers and language on the watch get messed up (1.000 km becomes 1,000 km etc.). Besides that, I like to see the data and text on the watch in the Dutch language.

Has anyone seen the same behavior (with other languages then English)?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

Hi @tinkssy ,

You have to go there via the Help function, right on top of this page.

Corr_0-1617889831106.png

When you choose the Chat function, you will get a confirmation and case number from Support by email. At least that is how it works with my country settings.

Corr_0-1617890787905.png

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this - there is no email option just Chat, Twitter and phone.  I cant do any of these

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tinkssy , doesn't the chat function works?

You can try this address: https://contact.fitbit.com, but I am not shure if it will work.

The best way to get through, seems to be by Chat.

Update 9th April: I see one of the moderators changed the e-mail address into a link. Well, that means the only thing you can do is to use that option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer

Hi.  It seems no one at Fitbit is interested in issues or indeed resolving them.  I am seriously thinking about sending mine back for a refund.  It seems this forum is just here to make us all feel our issues are being taken seriously when they are actually at best being reviewed by people who just point you to the manual/online articles you have probably already seen.

Anyway, with no help at all from fitbit I managed to resolve my issue with the Today tile not displaying on the dashboard via my computer and just showing a spinning wheel.  It seems it didn't like any of the goals to be set to zero.  It may not work for you but this is what I did:

In the app on your phone (mine is Iphone, not sure if it is the same in android)

Tap the Today button at the bottom left of the screen.

Tap the profile picture at the top left of the screen

In the Settings section select Activity & Wellness

In Daily Activity make sure each item has a value (mine had a zero for Distance which I don't remember ever being asked to set - i changed it to 2 miles)

Make sure all the other items have goals as well (not sure if I changed any of these as I cant remember)

I then closed the app completely and when i next logged into the Dashboard on my computer The Today tile was showing the relevant information instead of the spinning wheel. Hope this helps someone. 

Best Answer

@tinkssy 

I've got an Samsung Android, but all of my Daily Activities have a value, right from the start. But that doesn't change a thing, alas.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about your Nutrition and Weight items?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like I said, all filled. But this is the Dutch dashboard what goes wrong. That might be different with other languages, since it is unknown what the cause is.

Best Answer

Support is still shrouded in silence, they apparently have a lot of trouble adapting the dashboard for the different languages.
At the same time you can see language options slowly disappearing. For example, in some places you can no longer choose the options Dutch (Dutch), Belgium (Dutch) or Belgium (French).

As @Zaat said, apparently smaller countries are not interesting enough and we all have to switch to the English language and the Imperial Standard System.
In the meantime, I am enjoying my Garmin 🙂

Best Answer

@WilsonFitbit 
Any news from the front? It's been three months now since this all started.... Solving problems in Dutchlandshire is not very important for big America, is it?
(sorry, I'm starting to feel very grumpy about this, since this is not the only running problem, and nobody is taking us very serious)

Best Answer
0 Votes

4.5 months later, and still a Dutch syncing issue. Nothing is solved so far, and I don't suppose it will be solved ever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WilsonFitbit Still no data in "Nederlands". For comparison German (Deutsch) works.Screenshot 2022-02-04 23.59.39.png

Screenshot 2022-02-04 23.58.22.png

Screenshot 2022-02-04 23.58.00.pngWhen do you think this problem is solved?

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer