Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time not correct

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit one has lost the correct time.   It is about 5 hours off.  Been fine for past couple of years.  Is there a way to correct the time setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @bluepinecones!

There is the definitely a way to correct the time on your Fitbit. Please follow these steps:

1. Log into your Fitbit.com Dashboard.
  2. Go into the settings.
  3. Scroll down to the timezone option.
  4. Select a different timezone to yours and then sync your Fitbit One.
  5. Go back to the timezone and select the correct one.
  6. Sync your Fitbit once again.

It should then be corrected.

Please let me know how it goes.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @bluepinecones!

There is the definitely a way to correct the time on your Fitbit. Please follow these steps:

1. Log into your Fitbit.com Dashboard.
  2. Go into the settings.
  3. Scroll down to the timezone option.
  4. Select a different timezone to yours and then sync your Fitbit One.
  5. Go back to the timezone and select the correct one.
  6. Sync your Fitbit once again.

It should then be corrected.

Please let me know how it goes.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

After the update, if your Fitbit cant connect to Bluetooth, you pretty much cant sync anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any idea how long the battery lasts in the One?   It is still recharging but doesn't seem to last as long as it once did.  I use it constantly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for letting me know

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @bluepinecones and @mouse180171!

@bluepinecones The battery on the Fitbit One should last up to two weeks. The duration could change depending on the number of alarms that you have, how much usage you're giving it and even how often it syncs.

How long is your's battery lasting?

@mouse180171 What tracker are you using? My suggestion in this case would be to turn the Bluetooth off and then back on on your device and then try to sync your Fitbit again.

Look forward to your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Battery only last a week or so. My One is about 3.5 years old
Best Answer
0 Votes

didn't work  about five hours ahead of where it should be

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bluepinecones3.5 Years is awesome. It could be on its last legs

If it still lasts a week be grateful!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome @boshkee! Hello @bluepinecones!

Just like @WendyB mentioned, one week after 3.5 years is outstanding. Your One should be getting some sort of medal.

@boshkee, thanks for trying the steps I mentioned before! Since that didn't work, I'd like to ask you, are you syncing your Fitbit with a computer or are you using a mobile device to sync it? Knowing this should let me know what is the best way to move forward.

Look forward to your reply. Let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I managed to get it reset.
I probably do check it more often than I should. Until recently I only synced using a laptop but got my first smart phone a couple of months ago and use it more often these days.
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you for the input. I was told my fit bit is old and I need a dew one, the battery is probably not what it should be, But it keeps time and holds a charge, just refuses to get on board with the proper time.  Maybe I should just get a new one ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bluepinecones! Welcome to the Forums @boshkee!

@bluepinecones Thanks for the update. Do try to sync it a bit less and it should definitely improve the battery life.

@boshkee Do you regularly sync your Fitbit to your account? Most of the time when the time on mine is off, it is because I haven't synced it in quite some time. If you do sync it regularly, please let me know.

Look forward to your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I sync at least daily

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @bluepinecones!

Thanks for letting me know about that. Be sure to keep on doing it like that, as long as it is not lots of different times during the day.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes