Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to view an activity (GPS connected hike) fails.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can see the mini-screenshot where I have this recent activity. It looks correct because I was climbing a mountain and its the right one. However, when I actually load up the activity (i.e. browse to the activity page), I get an error.

To be technically specific, I get an http status code 504 while its attempting to pull down a json file.

This might help : Error 504 Ray ID: 417ddede3b227a0b • 2018-05-08 18:08:25 UTC

This is the actual activity - https://web-api.fitbit.com/1.1/user/-/activities/14054739378.json

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Forums @AdVa

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd like to take a closer look at what is showing up on your Dashboard. Could you take some screen shots showing the error message that you get and also showing the mini-screenshot? That'd help me get a visual on the situation.

If there are any other questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Thanks for Replying. I am attaching 2 screenshots. The first is a screenshot of the mini dashboard that shows recent Exercises. As you can see on that page - I can see the activities, including a mini-capture of the GPS tracks. The two activities are for going up the mountain and coming back down - the one that comes back down is fine and FWIW, exporting both to Strava works. But when I attempt to browse the lower activity, it fails in the fitbit dashboard.

The second screen shot shows the error along with the Chrome Network analysis developer tab that shows the exact error. Hope this helps.Click on 2nd activity, I get this errorClick on 2nd activity, I get this errorMini capture from main dashMini capture from main dash

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! My yesterday 20 kilometer hiking was perfectly recorded with the Ionic but the map is missing.

Within the App on Android, a round "loading" circle is on a gray background. I can open the activity there but no map is visible.

On the web Dashboard, i get the same error as AdVa!

Some things i made, maybe it helps:

1. tested on two Android devices, a spinning circle and no map

2. Windows 10 App -> it seems never trying to load the map

3. Website Dashboard, preview map is available but no activity (like here in the topic)

App Cache deleted, App deinstalled/installed, Restart ionic

A possible hint for the developers: After hiking, i synced the ionic with my phone but the internet connection was not very good. Maybe in this case some data are missing? 

The data itself MUST be stored in the fitbit database because my connection and automatic activity sync with Endomondo worked fine. The Activity was available there within seconds (maybe you look there how fast it should be 😉 ).

@AdVa: Can you remember if the internet connection was bad/corrupted while syncing? It is just an idea but i also had some older activities with this problem and i can remember that i did not synced at home with W-Lan, instead short after the activity itself (with not good connection).

Regards and thanks for help. I only do 2 longer hikings a year and it would very good if i can see it in the dashboard... I am very happy that i have the connection to Endomondo, but this should not be the final solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats an interesting observation. I noticed that my activities are showing up fine on Strava too. My data connection would actually be non existent because I had put my cell phone in airplane mode (Bluetooth was on of course). I only turned it on once I knew I was in a cell phone range.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AdVa and @SunsetRunner! 

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences and thoughts on the matter. I will be sharing this information with the team! As soon as we get any news or updates on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know! 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also experiencing the same error.  On the web dashboard, I can see the activity, but I cannot view the activity in detail.  It just gives me a blank screen like the poster above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WalkerNH.

Thanks for confirming that you are also experiencing this situation. At this moment we do not have any news on the matter but we'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we do receive any news.

Best Answer
0 Votes