Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change Profile Photo

ANSWERED

I am currently unable to change my profile photo.

From /settings/profile, I click on "Change Profile Picture" under Personal info. Then, in the Upload Picture pop-up window, I click on "File on computer..." and choose a jpg image in the "Upload File" dialog box and click the upload button. When the "Make Thumbnail" window opens, I resize the crop a little bit and click done. The "Make Thumbnail" window closes and nothing happens. I am still just on the /settings/profile page. I've repeated this process a few times and tried a few different browsers and the result is the same.

I have searched for this issue in the community and it seems there were some problems a while back but not recently.

I quit using fitbit in 2016 but left my profile/account up in the event I decided to use a future fitbit product. When I set up my pixel watch 2 yesterday, reconnecting my fitbit account was part of the suprisingly long and challenging setup process (needed to do 2 or 3 factory resets during the process). Since, I've been logging in with my google account and I wonder if that is what is causing the problem, because on my android phone app, my image is my google profile image.

Any help on the matter would be appreciated. Until then, the world is just going to have to keep looking at my old Garmin Forerunner.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey Chris!

I also have a Pixel and Google watch 2 and was having the same difficulties yesterday.
My fix:
From the app, click the You tab in the bottom right > click the Family tab under Community > Click You under Guardians > and edit from there!

Hope it helps,
H

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

This describes my issue as well, almost exactly. There is a MUCH younger version of myself looking back whenever I log into the app and it's a little annoning, haha.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Chris!

I also have a Pixel and Google watch 2 and was having the same difficulties yesterday.
My fix:
From the app, click the You tab in the bottom right > click the Family tab under Community > Click You under Guardians > and edit from there!

Hope it helps,
H

Best Answer

Your fix worked! Thank you, I wouldn't have found that without help.

Best Answer

Oh good! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yin Yang symbol.pngI can't thank you enough!  I am pretty savvy when it comes to tech and this is one thing I did not try.  

Thanks again! 😁

Best Answer

Glad it works for others!

Best Answer

Welcome back to the community @ChrisRile @Hlkljgk 

It's good to see you participating in the community for the first time @krjohnson29 @RL90 

Thank you all for providing the details about the Dashboard. Sorry to know about the inconvenience experienced. 

A special thank you to @Hlkljgk for providing the steps to solve this issue. I'm sure that it's going to help other users. 

I'd like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG thank you so much. I have been having this same exact issue with changing my picture (even similar story about old account and new fitbit after not using for years).  My old profile pic was me and my terrible ex...soooo I am super glad to finally have been able to change it with this work-around!

Best Answer

@dwillie13  So glad it worked for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I have tried to post a photo many times with no luck. This works. Thanks for the detailed instructions.

Best Answer

@SmallDeafDog You betcha!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked a treat for me too! Thank you!!

Best Answer

Same issue. Also for the cover photos. Tried uploading photos repeatedly but nothing happens. Jumping through hoops to get that sorted. If so many people report the issue that they cannot upload photos through the website, why isnt this looked into and fixed? Same as with the inferiority of the watches and getting them replaced on warranty. Wasnt expecting this from Fitbit. Changed to Google Pixel Watch Two to at least change the hardware. Next up probably finding another app once my subscription with Fitbit ends. I doubt they care about losing customer though, as it seems the hardware problems have been going on for a few years without fix. 

Best Answer

Morning @Poncke!

Just in case you missed it: From the app, click the You tab in the bottom right > click the Family tab under Community > Click You under Guardians > and edit your profile and cover photos from there!

Good luck!
h

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ManuFitbit   This workaround doesn't solve the problem.  The fact that you can change your picture on the mobile app doesn't help users who want to change it using their web dashboard.  Please address the web problem.  This is the web dashboard forum.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Yes, that worked, thanks, thats what I said, you need to jump through hoops to get a profile photo changed. The web option is still broken.

Best Answer

@Poncke Facts

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have to sign in with my Google account (not a big deal but I miss the old Fitbit). Glad you got your photo uploaded.  I just checked in this morning to find I've hit my 10-year anniversary with Fitbit! Also a good reminder that I have been slacking off and need to get back on.  I think many of us love the ease of visiting with friends with Messenger or text messaging and logging into the Fitbit community is time consuming and we can't do it on the go.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much......your a lifesaver with this. I had such a crappy profile pic and it wasnt sync'd with my google account profile pic either. Been on to Fitbit chat support too and they were rubbish. Thankfully i found this thread. 

Best Answer