Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change profile or cover picture

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit community.

I recently came to acquire a Fitbit Sense and am unable to upload a profile or tiltle picture through either my phone or the browser on my PC.

On the fitbit app on my phone after uplading it just does nothing (no error etc) and on my browser i get the following message: "Ember AJAX Request POST returned a 413 Payload (text/plain)"

Here is some info on what i am using and what i've tried so far:

Phone: Xiaomi Mi 10 with Android Version 11 RKQ1.200826.002

Fitbit App has been updatet to the newest version.

The picture i'm using is about 800KB large and a JPG (I've tried compressing etc but that made no difference)

I've tried restarting and reinstalling the app, tried different pictures, restarted the phone, compressed the picture, used different browsers ( Chrome, Edge, Firefox ), cleaned the cache but so far nothing has worked for me.

Any assistance would be appreciated and have a nice day!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Razen. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for the detailed information, as well as the troubleshooting steps tried on your own. It's great that you got the Sense and just to confirm, did you also try reducing the resolution of your picture? If not, please give it a try and attempt changing your profile or cover picture one more time.

If by any chance the issue persists, take a screenshot of the error message and attach it to your reply. This will help me to investigate on my end.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Razen. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for the detailed information, as well as the troubleshooting steps tried on your own. It's great that you got the Sense and just to confirm, did you also try reducing the resolution of your picture? If not, please give it a try and attempt changing your profile or cover picture one more time.

If by any chance the issue persists, take a screenshot of the error message and attach it to your reply. This will help me to investigate on my end.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Awesome troubleshooting! @Razen , hope you are able to use a profile and background picture soon by following dear Lizzy's suggestion.

Best Wishes

Best Answer

Hello 🙂

Reducing the resolution was the solution!

Thank you very much for your assistance and have a nice day 🙂

Best Answer

Hi there, @SunsetRunner and @Razen. It's great to see you here.

@Razen You're very welcome! I'm glad the steps worked out for you and thanks for keeping me posted. I hope you and @SunsetRunner can keep enjoying the Fitbit experience.

In case you have some spare time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, share tips and create your own topics.

Have a great week ahead! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes