Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to communicate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am unable to communicate on my account. I cannot reply to any messages that friends send me. I cannot. I cannot reply to anyone post from any group. I cannot leave a simply comment of 'CONGRATULATIONS' to anyone when they post a message in a group. I cannot post to any group. This is not just a app problem but also on the website. When I use the app to send any response it disappears and acts as thought the message was sent. When I'm on the website I get an eye message stating "Request was rejected because user is not permitted to perform this operation." Why am I not able to perform this operation when all of my messages have been POSITIVE. I have no conflicts work any user. I have use computer, tablets, and public library all not allowing me to send any messages. This is not a phone, app, or website problem. This is clearly on Fitbit end. So I do not need to uninstall the app and reinstall. 

I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE AGAIN!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Hello @001003  to better assist you, please let us know which phone and platform you're using and if you're using the most recent app for your phone. When you try to reply to your friends, does it make any difference if you're responding to them or starting a new message? Is it grayed out? A screenshot would be most helpful, if you're able to provide one for support. Do you have your own internet? I've heard that some public internets, such as a college, prevent it. Let us know. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I am unable to respond to messages. I haven't tried starting a conversation, but nothing is grayed out. I just keep getting the error: "Request was rejected because user is not permitted to perform this operation". I thought I was just having issues with my phone, because it wouldn't send the message and would say "The conversation has ended". I decided to try it online and then got the above error. How do I correct this? Is it my account?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner  can you show us a screenshot? You can reply to messages on the app and you can log into your dashboard and reply to messages there. You can't reply to messages that you see on an email. Let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me see if this works. I'm attaching the error message.Error when trying to respond to a message

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting a "You do not have permission to upload images." error when I try to attach the error image.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. what phone or computer are you using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 and I have a windows 10 computer. It's older, but would that matter from the standpoint of sending a message online?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same phone and can message. My computer is older and I rarely use it for messaging. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. I still get the communication has ended and it won't send the message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've notified a moderator to see if they can stop by to assist. Maybe they can figure out what's happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!

Best Answer

Hi @Odyssey13 , thanks for notifying us about this thread and for your help . Really appreciate it. 

@SunsetRunner , a warm welcome to the Community! I appreciate your efforts to explain and to solve the situation with the help from Odyssey13. 

Does the situation occur with all the groups or one specific? Also with the friends, all or just one?

If it's one specific on any of those cases, this could mean that this user or group might have blocked you, maybe by mistake.  If it occurs with all, might I ask if you have contact with them/him/her, over another channel or app? If so you ask that group or person to verify that you are not blocked. 

Also please go to the Fitbit app. Tap on your profile picture>Help. As title you should see the version on the Fitbit app you have installed. Could you please provide us the number you are looking at?

And on the Pc, could you please verify if the browser does not need an update and I would also recommend you to clear the cache and try another browser. 

Let me know how it goes. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

I was following your instructions. I think my account has been hacked. There is a URL in my bio that I did not put there. I need to take care of that first.

My version is 3.18 (20243491).

I can't respond to messages to me. Maybe my profile was reported, because my about me was changed and contained a URL that I wasn't going to click. Maybe it's for the best that I can't respond. I'm not sure I want to know why they requested to be friends.

OK. So, I'm still unable to send messages or post to the community. I'm using a different computer and it still won't work. Is it possible that my account has been reported? I can't think of any other reason that I can't respond to messages. This is the error I'm getting: Request was rejected because user is not permitted to perform this operation. That seems to me like my account has been restricted. I have never posted anything and I rarely respond to messages. I would like to be able to talk to my daughter and friends.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner do you get that error message when you use your S8 or the computer? I have the S8 and sent messages today. Replied to messages and sent new ones on the phone and then did the same on the Windows 8.1 computer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting that message on all computers and my phone. I work in IT, so I have a few options. It still makes me wonder if I got blocked. I know my account was hacked and maybe someone reported me. I have premium and I still am unable to send any messages from my phone or any computer.

One more thing, I also can't post in the community. Again, I think that maybe I got reported and I am now blocked from responding to messages. I haven't been active on my account for a while, so it could have been going on for months without me knowing. How do I get unblocked?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, due to the recent events, I apologize for the delayed response. However, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community.

Since you are still unable to write or post messages, please provide a screenshot of the page that doesn't let you to write a message. This will help us to investigate further.

Thank you for your help @Odyssey13.

See you later.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I have tried to do this before without success, but I'm attaching the screentshot here.MessageError.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, that's Chrome browser, isn't it? Try using Opera or Firefox and see if you get a different result @SunsetRunner 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13, that was a great thought, but I get the same message. I did think of something, however, and that is that I have two email addresses. I'm getting fitbit notifications on both. I think my account might be a little messed up. How would I be able to find that out?

Best Answer
0 Votes