Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete data

ANSWERED

Hi, all. Been trying to delete the historical information from my fitbit account (from 2015 up to latest) via the Account Settings > Delete Data option from the app, but it seems data doesn't totally get deleted. When I do "Review Data", I can see that some information is still there. There's also no notification whatsoever if the data has been successfully deleted (unlike when I tried to export the data).

Is there a faster way to have the data purged? I need to delete all my data as FitBit is no longer being supported in my region and I don't see the point of having them exported to Google.

(I also don't like the irony that I have to create this account just to ask why my data can't get deleted.)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Since I didn't get any response (dunno if I'm ignored because I'm trying to delete my account or this sub is dead), I decided to just do my own troubleshooting.

It seems the delete function in the Data Management is not functioning properly. Sometimes it deletes data in one go for all historical data, sometimes it doesn't, no matter how many attempts I do. The workaround I did was to delete the data per year, and it seems to work fine. A bit hassle to go through for a total of 8 years worth of data, but better than no response I guess. I had to export the data to confirm if I was able to delete the data.

So that answers my own question, thanks to me.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Since I didn't get any response (dunno if I'm ignored because I'm trying to delete my account or this sub is dead), I decided to just do my own troubleshooting.

It seems the delete function in the Data Management is not functioning properly. Sometimes it deletes data in one go for all historical data, sometimes it doesn't, no matter how many attempts I do. The workaround I did was to delete the data per year, and it seems to work fine. A bit hassle to go through for a total of 8 years worth of data, but better than no response I guess. I had to export the data to confirm if I was able to delete the data.

So that answers my own question, thanks to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes