Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download Fitbit app on OSX el Capitan.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,  when I got to the app store to download the osX app for my desktop (el Capitan 10.11.6) so I can transfer music - it takes me to this link

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit-activity-calorie-tracker/id462638897?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

which says :This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you!! I did not see the link at the bottom.  That solved my problem.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@SpinnerLA  I hope I can help you.  The app from the app store is for your iPhone or iPad.  You need to download Fitbit Connect for your Mac.  Here is the link you need.  Scroll down to the pink DOWNLOAD FOR MAC bar.  I am running Sierra.  When I look at the page, one of the Mac icons is blue -- so I think it is telling me which version of Fitbit Connect is for me.

I don't have Fitbit Connect on my Mac.  I always use the app on my iPhone.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!! I did not see the link at the bottom.  That solved my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SpinnerLA, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you! It's great to see you too @LZeeW, I appreciate all your help. Smiley Happy

@SpinnerLA, I have moved your post from the iOS board to the Dashboard board to maintain the forums organized. Thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes