Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Units change to mL no matter what I enter! (Web Dashboard)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is a new problem!  The units on items change to ml no matter what I select.  

I entered 2 cups.  It put 2 ml for one, 

I entered 1 oz, it entered 1 serving for another. 

That's not right. I've used these items before, and they have always worked.  Something is wrong. Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 5.05.45 PM.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

I'm having the same problem, starting late last week. I normally use ounces since I weigh everything, and it's turning salad into cups or servings and ounces of meat, eggs, and cheese into grams. The calories and nutrition data is accurate but the amount column is broken. Something in the application changed last week.

mpan

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed this situation as well. The amounts column is showing something other than what I enter but the nutritional information is correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My units of measure has also changed. Grams are now showing up as cups. Cal and carb info is correct for grams but quantity columnis showing wrong.

Any fixes yet?

Also unable to sync my one manually. And yes I have did a restart about 17,000 times by now.

Any fixes yet??

Best Answer
0 Votes
FYI, I’ve been investigating the application at atkins.com. It syncs with my fitbit fine, and has the same functionality. It’s a bit more trouble to enter a full day’s meals, but if it works, I may drop the fitbit app and start using the Atkins app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too.  Have I done something wrong?  Is there a fix in the works? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ellyenne wrote:

This is a new problem!  The units on items change to ml no matter what I select.  

I entered 2 cups.  It put 2 ml for one, 

I entered 1 oz, it entered 1 serving for another. 

That's not right. I've used these items before, and they have always worked.  Something is wrong. 

Confirmed. This is driving me crazy. If I select "2 oz" it displays it as, for example, "2 servings", but the value used is the correct one for 2 oz. The dashboard is becoming less and less reliable; I just can't trust it anymore.

Is there another site that provides similar capabilities? I'm about to give up Fitbit products altogether. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Partial solution: The iPhone app still works right.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The iphone app seems to work ok, but I'm looking for details too and spend (way too much) time at my desktop.   I want to keep a very close eye on sodium as well as calories. 

As a test iphone vs website:

I added 1 tsp of salt to my breakfast today on my iphone app = 0 calories and 155 mg sodium under nutrition facts

But on the website version the addition shows as 1 dash and 2325 mg sodium .... YIKES

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a known problem and research for a solution is underway. The first choice for the units is displayed even though the user selected something else. The nutritional information is correct for the units initially selected - only the displayed unit name is incorrect.

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having Same problem

I put grams, oz, cracker, biscuit etc and it comes up serving

I put  Tea and milk 1mug (240ml) it comes up with 1 teacup(180ml)

I messaged Fitbit and they said

Hi Rowdy,
We are sorry to hear that youur food logs are reverting or defaulting.
If you haven't already done so, we recommend restarting your Surge.
1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
2. Let go of the buttons.
3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.
If you seem to be having trouble restarting, simply hold down the buttons for a longer time; don't release them until you see the screen get significantly dimmer.
After your Surge restarts it should work normally.
Also this may help as portions are already predetermined:
1. On your dashboard click the Log tab (or go to http://www.fitbit.com/foods/log).
2. To find a food, enter the name in the search box; you can enter a brand name to narrow down the list.
3. If you don't see a matching result, there is a link to Add New Food in the suggested results list. Click that to add a food.
4. In the pop-up, click on the Add Nutritional Information button if you want to add nutritional content. If you only want to track calories, enter them and click Add Food.
The newly created food will appear in the search results the next time you need to log it.
Please let us know if you continue to have difficulty.
Sincerely,
Jose A and the Fitbit Team

I replyed saying would Restarting my fitbit really change the way the online programme worked, I havnt done it because i wasnt really convinced it would make any difference

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YoungRowdy wrote:

I replyed saying would Restarting my fitbit really change the way the online programme worked, I havnt done it because i wasnt really convinced it would make any difference

you're right

that's a stupid answer from Fitbit helpline

units are correct on iOS and android dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! So annoying.  I hope the fix comes soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope so too.  Before my fitbit I used Lose-It to track.  Maybe need to investigate if the 2 work together.

Best Answer
0 Votes