Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water tracker not calculating correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I'm entering my water consumption (either on the app or dashboard).  It will show all of my individual water entries, but the totals are wrong.  And its not obviously skipping a single entry. Like it'll show that I've had 8 oz, 16 oz, 8 oz, but the total will be 27.  Anyone know what the problem is?  Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @Cwalsh03.

Thanks for taking the time to share that experience with us. I'd like to take a closer look at what is going on.

Could you share some screenshots of what is going on? That way we would be able to take a closer look at what is going on. That way we can find the best way to move forward.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me.  For example, below, my iPhone app shows I had 11+16+16+16+16+11, but adds it up to 27.  The dashboard  adds it up to 86 (which is the right total for those entries).  The problem is multifold: (1) I entered 11 & 16 on my app and nothing showed up, so I entered them again (then they did show up).  But I only entered 16 twice, so I don't know where the additional two 16s came from.  

And sometimes I'll add a number and it'll show only a portion of it (for example, the other day I added 11 and it only gave me 3).  And it isn't always that the dashboard adds correctly and the app doesn't - sometimes they'r eboth the same incorrect number.  I've tried closing out the app (actually hard closing it and opening it) and the dashboard, and nothing seem to help.  I have to keep very careful track of my water, and its hard to do so when it won't add up.

For example,Fitbit online.pngIMG_0058.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cwalsh03

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thank you for sharing those screenshots and for taking the time to share all of those details of what is going on plus the steps that you have tried.

My recommendation would be to try to log out of your account from both ends and then logging back in. This could force all data to be downloaded from the servers again and thus could get the data to show correctly once again. 

Keep me posted on how it goes or let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes