Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dashboard screen is black

ANSWERED

The dashboard is a black screen, and my sleep data are missing info on the app.  What's going on?  I only bought a Fitbit for the sleep data, and now I can't get to it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
636 REPLIES 636

I have had absolutely no problems with my own Fitbit profile on a desktop running Win7 Pro and Firefox 115.10.0esr (64-bit). My wife's laptop running Win11 and the latest Firefox version has had the blanked out dashboard daily which does restore with a cache clear. I also have a laptop with Win10 and latest Firefox version I tried today and it loaded the desktop OK and will try again tomorrow to see if the issue pops up.

Since the blank dashboard appears to occur on different browsers, could the problem lay with the OS and a recent update?

For Firefox there is an 'Add-on' 'Clear Cache' button browser extension that can be added to the toolbar which makes restoring the dashboard easy.

Best Answer

iSeeker, it is the post I took a screenshot of and attached to my reply above.   I don't know how to post a link to it.   The person who posted it is syllieau, and last time I checked it's on page 2 of this thread.   It has directions followed by a screen shot of what to look for.   

Best Answer

Hello Fitbit. It would be good to hear from you about dashboard empty screen issue. It is obvious there is a problem. When, if ever, will it be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing the same thing.  The website will appear on my laptop, but not on my cell unless I clear my cache.  Then, it displays once and then goes blank the  next time I look on it.  You'd think Fitbit would make it so their website would work on Safari or Chrome on cellphones without  a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this!!!  I tried this on both Chrome and Edge, my dashboard is back on both.  Developer Tools didn't look exactly the same as what you show here, but I was able to find Network and Disable Cache and it worked.  Thank you again!  But fitbit really needs to do something about this regardless...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems kind a of interesting as Fitbit is owned by Google and the dashboard does not work on Google Chrome but it works on Microsoft Edge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, thank you!  Worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same but now it doesn't work on Edge either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The web Dashboard has been blank for 2 days. What is the fix?

Best Answer

mine just went out again

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far there doesn't seem to be a permanent fix. The only fix seems to be to try a different browser or to clear the cache which may temporarily fix the issue - or not.

Best Answer
Changed and it works.
Thanks for the help.
Best Answer

Wouldn't consider buying from Google after watching the mess they have made with Fitbit. Fortunately there are other options ie Garmin or Apple

Best Answer
0 Votes

We'd all like to know what are they doing about fixing it!  From a customer service viewpoint it would seem obvious to at least say "We are aware of the issue and are looking into it." 
The continuing deafening silence from FitBit makes me wonder if this is the thin edge of the wedge, yet again?  Google manipulating so that functions disappear from desktop services to force us even more onto android by stealth?  Not so long ago that they quietly removed the most efficient way of syncing from Windows . . . . 

Best Answer

Mine is too. First they killed the App with the 4.15 "upgrade" and now they have wiped out the web page that still had the old sleep profile. They have managed to ruin the app and web site in about a week. Fitbit going into the drawer. Bye.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dr Mao

I don't thinik it's gone completely - most of us can see it after clearing
cookies etc, but in Chrome the screen seems to go blank every time you
refresh it. and have to keep clearing cookies - very inconvenient.

*It still works OK in Firefox for me*, and I only needed to "Clear Data"
once - but still have to log back in most days - but unlike in Chrome (for
me at least) Firefox retains the login details, so it's 1-click in.

Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

[We still need Google/Fitbit to correct whatever the underlying fault is]

Hello sbdriver 

Yes - I found the screenshot and procedure in p. 2. On the 2nd time I tried it, when I used the F5 at the end, it worked. Great advice. 

I'll be interested to see if it lasts (I left Cache Clear ticked for Fitbit).

But I wil probably still need to completely refill the login every day or so in Chrome, so will probably keep my other-wise redundant Firefox view of the dashboard open where I can log in with just 1-click. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your thoughts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE! The Dashboard has returned! So happy. No idea how or who fixed it, but it has been done!

Best Answer

Hi Friends....

I just got off of chat with customer service.  Of course I was told to to clear the cache, history and cookies in your browser and then reload again the webpage. And I explained that was only a temporary fix and had to be done each & every time I wanted to access the dashboard.  Her reply was "At this point, let me go ahead and review this with our higher-level support team. We'll send you a follow-up email once we hear back from them."  Perhaps the more people that contact them about this issue, the sooner it will get fixed.  So please take a minute to CHAT with customer service and register your complaint.  

Best Answer