Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dashboard screen is black

ANSWERED

The dashboard is a black screen, and my sleep data are missing info on the app.  What's going on?  I only bought a Fitbit for the sleep data, and now I can't get to it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
636 REPLIES 636

Exactly, you hit the nail on the head another piece of Google abandonware, they've been souring the milk so to speak for a while now with the login complications, trying to discourage users to abandon the application for the app. When they didn't get enough traction with that they put the little banner to download the app, the irony being you couldn't see your dashboard data without having the app on your phone in the first place. The pièce de résistance was blanking out the dashboard, fortunately enough people complained that they turned it back on.

Google's campaign to eliminate the dashboard isn't over, I will probably give up on FitBit if that happens.

For someone who is visually impaired, I prefer using the dashboard, as I don't have to switch glasses and pickup my phone when I'm sitting at my computer most of the time in the first place.

Best Answer
I prefer the web dashboard over the app. In order to see the web I had to
download the app which I am not happy about.
What do you mean $$$?
Best Answer

pat5

Vote your post "It truly is beginning " as a sign that we "typically access their data via the web rather than through the app."?

Best Answer

I have primarily been assessing my data vide the phone app. While it takes some doing, there is a lot more information . Possibly this is  more for Premium members. Some metrics more clear or available on the app are : 1) Readiness 2) Health Metrics ( Breathing Rate , HRV, Skin Temp, Oxygen Saturation, RHR) 3) Sleep data - though this has been screwed around with and is un understandable  !!! . Even as a non technical person, I am sure I could ( or we could) recommend on how the data and metrics could be presented in a more user friendly and understandable manner. It is not possible or highly unlikely  for Google to hire idiots to do the job hence the suspicion that they are up to no good. 

Best Answer

I have had 3 Fitbits.  The first died so they offered 35% discount so bought a new one.  Then upgraded to the Sense2.  I stayed with Fitbit all because I prefer the web dashboard and wasn't convinced that the Apple watch had anything equivalent to that.  So $$$ spent - 3 Fitbits and it looks like I may have to buy another watch if Google is planning to discontinue supporting the web dashboard.  I wasn't aware that you have to have the app in order to see the web dashboard.  I had downloaded just because, and only rarely, when I am travelling I do use the app.  And admit I much prefer my computer for most everything over a device as each is different thus a learning curve.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That would be a major backward step and can only be about cost savings so
that google don't need to support 2 platforms. Many like me prefer the web
app particularly because it is easier to deal with on the large screen of a
PC.

Such a move would show contempt for their customers.
Best Answer

You asked about the Apple dashboard. I'm getting used to it, but the Apple watch doesn't allow you to input your food/meals, so you need to sync to a third-party app. (I'm using Myfitnesspal, and the food database, so far, has been pretty good.) 

They use a "ring" system to provide information on 1) regular calories burned from normal activities and exercise, 2) minutes of exercise, and 3) adding 1 for every time you stand for at least 1 minute per hour. Since calories burned vs. calories eaten is my primary focus, there is no comparable display that I've found so far. I need to go to the third-party app to get something similar.

Hope this is helpful. FYI, I tried to remove myself from the Community since I'm no longer a Fitbit user, and when I tried "Respond to this post," I was denied access. I circled around to find you, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do that again. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Best Answer
This may never reach you but - wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write. FYI, my reply to you has been removed as it was considered off topic.
Best Answer

Am wanting to hear more about your move to a new watch, in particular heart monitoring as I have afib.  Does the software dashboard give similar graphs?  PS We don't need to mention the name of the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great if you have Apple...
For now I am able to just click on the Fitbit Logo on the upper left side
of the Dashboard Message when I log in. That action opens my PC dashboard
without any other steps. Keeping my fingers crossed daily!
Best Answer

Hi Lizzy,

Are you also dealing with the other long-standing annoyance of having to log back in every day, please, as originally asked two weeks ago?

I'm sure many of us would appreicate a reply on this.

Thanks - iSeeker

Strider
97  1  64

Dear LizzyFitbit - sent a fortnight ago.

Many thanks for that.

Have you been able to resolve the older problem of being forced to log
back in, almost every day?

A more helpful solution (at least for Chrome users) would also keep the
email, password and the ineffective "Keep me Logged in" box entries in
place so one need only do 1 click, rather than having to reinsert them all,
every time.

I have a workaround in Firefox Private Browsing, but it's not my default
browser.

Thank you for reading - iSeeker

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have to sign-in every time I want to access my dashboard, even though I always check the box for "Keep me logged in".  

I am then brought to the page that says, "Your health dashboard is now in the Fitbit app" in big letters and must click on "If you miss the old look, head over to the browser view" in little, tiny letters to get to the dashboard. 

Too many steps and too much aggravation.  This is annoying.

Best Answer
I have to login multiple times a day. Using Chrome and logging in with a
Google account. A username and password would actually be quicker because
that's the default screen, then you need to click "log in with Goggle", then
select the account.

Odd how none of my other websites that use the Google account have that
issue.

I could see if I was on a public, or even a different network, but I only
use it at home on one computer.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve done my research once again; Fitbit & Sense2 ‘won’ back then on the $$$ front and charge time. However the latest issues have caused me enough stress. The new watch will give me more details re: afib (including real time) and I won't have to carry my phone when out walking in the woods with my dog. Don’t have enough pockets. More expensive for sure but it seems the expression “you get what you pay for” holds true in this case. The ecosystem is now complete.

But thanks for the advice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

5/11/2024 Update

I am still using Chrome on my windows laptop with my Fitbit Inspire 2 dashboard. I log in with my Fitbit sign, not the google option. I do not have keep me logged in box checked. I then get the default screen "Your health dashboard is now in the Fitbit app". Up at the top on the left side, there is the Fitbit Logo that says Dashboard and the Community Logo. I have been clicking on the Fitbit Dashboard Logo and it opens up my dashboard screen with all of the old info on it, just like it always was. So far I have not had to keep relaunching due to a blank screen. I hope this works as well for others. Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still blank screen when using swedish localization. Seems all other languages work tough...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happening with me.

Best Answer
0 Votes