Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dashboard screen is black

ANSWERED

The dashboard is a black screen, and my sleep data are missing info on the app.  What's going on?  I only bought a Fitbit for the sleep data, and now I can't get to it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
614 REPLIES 614

Same for me 🙂

Best Answer
The web dashboard has been working fine for me the last few days. No
special keys or cache clearing needed.
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thank you for taking the time to work on this matter and sharing additional information. I'm glad the online dashboard is working for some of you, but I understand that this isn't the case for everyone.

Please be advised that our team is aware of this situation and is working to find a solution as soon as possible. In the meantime, I'd recommend trying the tips shared by our members, such as using an incognito window or clearing the cookies and cache of your browser.

I appreciate your feedback and will keep you updated with new information as it becomes available.

Best Answer

Yesterday and today there were no problems getting info on my dashboard.  The only remaining problem is having to log in every other day.  The login screen refuses to keep me logged in longer than two days.  That's only a minor irritation - at least my dashboard seems to be back.

Best Answer

I've never understood why I keep having to log in every couple of days, and why it takes so many steps to get to the dashboard.   It's one thing to have to log in, but when you click "sign in with google", you have to select an account (there's only one!!!), then you get a Fitbit add, you have to click on the little person icon, then select "view dashboard".   Once we "sign in with google" we should be taken straight to the dashboard without all the other nonsense.   (my rant for the day. lol)

Best Answer
Same experience here.
Best Answer

Cassidy52:

I haven't had a Dashboard since the update - just a black screen.  Also, I saw a "fix" that said to reset my Sense fitbit by using the "button" - mine only has an **ahem** on the side, thought up by some asshat, that is one of the most angering features of this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
And a good rant it is. Thanks for that
Best Answer
Hi everyone!

Thank you everyone for you patience while our team investigated and fixed the blank dashboard issue. You should now be able to view your data on the Web Dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

It would have been nice to hear something earlier, rather than users
collaborating on different methods of forcing it to load.

Are they also working on the constant login issue? It gets quite frustrating
that I need to log in with my Google account several times a day, when my
Google email works just fine and I only use the ONE computer.

I promise, I don't need Google to protect me from myself.
Best Answer

Hi thank you for the response. 
While we have you, can you update us please on when you’ll be bringing back the “estimated calories left” feature that someone really mistakenly removed from the new app? That information is on the dashboard but we shouldn’t have to keep opening the dashboard to see what is perhaps the most critical piece of data Fitbit offers. 

Best Answer

BTW this is NOT the figure already in the app. That is useless. For example, I’ve eaten only 127 calories today and the app tells me I have only 133 left for the day. Useless. 

Best Answer
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Google's motto used to be "don't be evil" ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems the problems have been solved, fingers crossed

Best Answer
Dear LizzyFitbit

Many thanks for that.

*Have you been able to resolve the older problem of being forced to log
back in, almost every day? *

A more helpful solution (at least for Chrome users) would also keep the
email, password and the ineffective "Keep me Logged in" box entries in
place so one need only do 1 click, rather than having to reinsert them all,
every time.

I have a workaround in Firefox Private Browsing, but it's not my default
browser.

Thank you for reading - iSeeker
Best Answer

I have a question for you LizzyFitbit about Fitbit/Google's ongoing plan for the dashboard.  I now get a message saying my dashboard is in the app, however if I prefer the old view click here.....that works, and gets me to my desktop dashboard; however, I wonder if the desktop dashboard is being phased out.  All signs would suggest that.  Normally when a major change is being made to a site the users are given some advance notice.

I use Google Chrome, Google Photos, Google Calendar, etc..... and love the ease and compatibility, but this experience with the dashboard and lack of response has definitely changed my opinion.  Would like some answers please, and I know I'm not just speaking for myself.  Thank you.

Best Answer

I use an old Dell laptop and it is not possible to put an app on it. If they get rid of the desktop dashboard, all I'll have left is the app on my phone, which is way too small for my 66 year old eyes to see clearly.  I agree with sld173.   We really don't want to lose the desktop version of Fitbit.    

Best Answer

Totally agree; the PC-based version would estimate calories that would add on throughout the day, so remaining calories were more reasonable than how they are shown in the app.

After the dashboard came back, I went to charge my phone and got a message, "Not charging. Your device is below operating temperature and needs to warm up." Huh? So I sat for a while with the watch under a blanket - and one of my lap cats - and tried it again. Same stupid message. Next morning, same thing. Saw this problem in Community going back to 2022, and in every case, the phone was dead. I called Customer Service and got the famous "Someone will call you back shortly" after speaking to their first-level rep. In any case, I followed through on my frustration and now own an Apple Watch.

PS: Too little, too late, Fitbit sent an email offering a 35% discount on a new purchase, but never addressed the error message.

Best Answer
Thank you for fixing the problem and I have had the dashboard up
and running the last two days.

In the future would you please send a notice that you are aware of the
problem and are fixing it.

H
Best Answer