Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Error code 500 at checkout

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep getting an error code 500 as I’m trying to checkout. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
60 REPLIES 60

I'm having the same issue. I'm using a discount code and have tried using three different credit cards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lemmeh Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I've noticed users are getting this error message when trying to purchase a Fitbit through the Official Fitbit Store. However if you were given a card through your insurance, it's better to contact them for specific information about where to purchase it as sometimes they have a special store which is available only for their employees. 

Have a nice day. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

im getting the same error message from official store and cant buy the watch.

My card has money its not a credit its debit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My insurance? I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm on the Official Fitbit Store, using a discount code and my credit card.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@martinborn007 Hi there. 

@lemmeh Thanks for getting back. 

If you're still getting this 500 error code when checking out, please clear cookies and cache and try again. If possible, use a different card. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trying to purchase a Fitbit for days!

I’m getting error 500 at checkout. I have cleared cache and tried this on 4 different computers and laptops. Have tried with debit card, credit card and using PayPal. All these are working for pitches elsewhere. 

Best Answer

Hi,

Have you managed to get this sorted yet?

im having the same problem purchasing.

thanks

pippa

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pippalong Hi there. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I appreciate the details mentioned. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting the same message too. Kinda surprising that they haven't fixed it by now. 

Best Answer

@Himank Hi there. 

I was able to see that you've been in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Have a good rest of the week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. The customer care has been of no help. Done it all already - cleared browser cache, tried with phone and laptop, different browsers, different cards, PayPal accounts - nothing seems to work. I also tried creating multiple user IDs and tried placing order. How am I supposed to make a purchase??

Best Answer

No one tells you, but you actually need to use your own credit card. You
cannot buy it straight away with your health benefits card, even though it
says you can. You then need to download the health extra reimbursement
form, print it out, and attach it with a receipt. And then they will
reimburse you about a month later. I bought mine from local store, Walmart
and mailed everything in. Hope this helps

Moderator Edit: Word choice 

Best Answer

I had the same problem this morning. The thing is, it only occurs when you try to use a discount code!  If you want to pay full price, it goes right through. You would think they could have fixed the problem in 4 months. Maybe it’s time to look at an Apple Watch. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ehawkins Hi there. Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

I was able to see that you have a case with our Support team, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to help. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. The support team did email me. Their only suggestion however was to use a different card or payment method which doesn’t work either. The last email I got ended with “if you have a new issue...” which means they aren’t going to try to fix this problem we’ve encountered for the last 5 months.  I’m done. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ehawkins Thank you for getting back. 

I appreciate that you shared the instructions that were given by our team, they provide options based in each case scenario, please continue the communication through email. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The helpers on this page are indeed awful and do not care about the
customers. They sound like politics who just never answer the question but
say im sorry. It really is unfortunate. If I didn't like the product as
much as I do. I wouldn't buy from them at all.
Terrible service to all future people thinking about buying a fitbit. Be
aware.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer service used to be excellent, not anymore!  I feel the same way. I’m still debating on whether to stay with Fitbit or switch to Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zane24 @ehawkins Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

We've noticed that this error is shown only when a discount is used, since a discount could be given by a company and a different site needs to be used, this is why it's better to contact our Support team, to provide them with all the details and specific instructions will be given. 

Thanks for being a Fitbit user, see you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Perfect example of how custome service does not care what you say. Like I
stated before, myself and this other individual have not entered or used
any "discount code." I can't buy a fitbit off your website using my card. I
had to go to a local store to buy it. 2 thumbs down for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes