Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dashboard screen is black

ANSWERED

The dashboard is a black screen, and my sleep data are missing info on the app.  What's going on?  I only bought a Fitbit for the sleep data, and now I can't get to it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
616 REPLIES 616

That worked for me. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well after it spontaneously working yesterday and me not doing anything at
all to fix it. I get up today and it is blank again.

They really need to fix this issue..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Zedar

I've emptied my cache in Chrome, got the screen back, and on the next dashboard refresh, it goes blank again. I can't keep having to log back in to many of my other open tabs in Chrome each time I re-empty the cache.

However, in Firefox I can refresh the dashboard without needing to clear the cache again - so I just have to log in and clear the Firefox cache once a day, and use it only for Fitbit (reserve Chrome for all other sites I want open).  

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're welcome, Jaebirdie. *; - >*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hopefully my reply to GordonBitbit will prompt him to trigger attention to
the problem.

If no progress we could all bombard the 24/7 FitBit Chat with complaints...
Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is black also, but I have access to log under which I'm able to see food, activities, weight and sleep

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cleared my history, cache, cookies, etc to "all time", and once it was cleared, I shut down and re-started my computer.   Once done, I was able to see my dashboard again.   I shut my laptop for about an hour, and upon opening it up again, my dashboard is again black.   I hope they're working on this, because it's driving me nuts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Website dashboard is not loading on Ipad.  It works on computer but I do not have one.  Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You said everything I would have done. The web version had much better, broader information and was my "go to" for updated stats. The app just doesn't measure up!

Best Answer

My dashboard does not download and show on my pc screen.

Best Answer
I can see the log too, just not the dashboard
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah.  I thought clearing my cache had cleared the problem.  Until I came back 3 hours later and it's blank again.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Until Fitbit can straighten this out, I will be using the technique posted earlier in this thread.   At least it only clears the cache for Fitbit, and doesn't affect any other sites.  Now that I've used it a couple of times, it only takes me a couple of seconds to do.  Thank you syllieau, you've saved the day!  😉 

Here's a screen shot of the post:

sbdriver_0-1713564147082.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same experience, even emptied the cashe which worked for one reload and no it is back to blank.  A suggestion is to use the activities log where you can see your steps and your sleep, even maneuver to show lifetime steps by putting in a start date and end date.  Not perfect for sure.  Hope there is a solution.

Best Answer
  • My dashboard has been down for over 2 - 3 days. Help desk told me earlier in the week it would be back up in a matter of hours ???
  •  
Best Answer

From what I can gather, it's been removed and they want you to do it on the App. It's annoying, I prefer the Dashboard. People were complaining that the Sleep Tracker function does not give enough detail on the App and I agree.

However, this morning I discovered that if you go to the Log Tab on the Dashboard, you can see the Sleep Tracker as well as Steps etc there just as it used to be displayed. 

Wondering if the Google takeover will result in them not supporting the Fitbit Products and try and drive mewmber towards purchasing their own products?

Best Answer

You have to wonder if anyone at Google/Fitbit even tested whatever change caused this issue.  This is a pretty significant problem to have in a website that has been around for this long.  Someone was really asleep at the switch when they made this change.  Amateur hour!

Best Answer

The dashboard has been out for days now. In another post there's been advice to use another browser or to clear the cache. Both seem to work periodically.

Best Answer
Hello sbdriver,

Can you point me to "the technique posted earlier" - there are quite a few
but I've not seen one as efficient as the one you're referring to.

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been reading thru a lot, too many to read all, comments about all the black dashboards.  Mine was working fine on Edge but not on Chrome, I followed the advice about clearing the cache, it's now working on Chrome but not on Edge now.  What I'd really like to know is, what is causing this and what are they doing about fixing it.

Too bad we can't turn back the hands of time before Google got in here and made a huge mess of a perfectly good app.  None of the updates Google have done have been for the betterment of the Fitbit product.

Best Answer