Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Progress Report shows less steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Weekly Progress report via email and it shows that I did not reach my daily goal of 11K steps.  When I check the dashboard, it shows I walked 15867 steps.  How does this happen?  I am starting to not trust Fitbit

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @DeayneJohnson.

Thanks for bringing this up. It is possible that the extra steps you mentioned hadn't synced by the time the report was created.

Please keep in mind that the reports are generated on Mondays and thus, if you haven't synced by the time the report is generated, any information that hasn't synced will not be present on the report. My suggestion would be to make sure that you sync on Sunday, before going to sleep, so that the information will be on the Dashboard by the time the reports start being created.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit set to auto-sync, so I don't think that is the issue.  Since my first report, I haven't received any additional Weekly Updates via email, so I can't tell if the "lost" steps were reported into the next week.

Very frustrating.  Do you know why we aren't getting weekly updates again?

Best Answer

Hello @DeayneJohnson.

Thanks for reaching back.

There have been some reports about the reports being delayed. In this case I'd like to ask you to wait until Tuesday afternoon as see if the report arrives by then. If not, please let me know how many weeks have you not received so that we can look into that first and then see if the steps are corrected. 

Additionally, be sure to check your Spam or Trash folders in case the report was filtered there directly. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

my dashboard shows steps each day, but the report from fitbit shows no steps for 4 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @rawalker.

Thanks for sharing that information with us. I'd like to take a closer look at the report.

Could you share a screenshot of what you see on your latest report? That way I'll be able to determine what is going on and the best way to go about it. 

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not save the email. But the daily step count is zero following the latest update.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rawalker.

Thanks for letting me know.

In this case I'd like to propose that we wait for the next weekly report and see how it goes from there. I'd definitely like to see what you are referring to so that I can determine what is going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have received last weeks report.  It has steps for Monday and part of Tuesday, but the rest of the week is blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rawalker.

Thanks for letting me know.

Could you share some screenshots of the report and also of the information as it shows in your Dashboard? That way I can find the best way to go about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Part of the problem is that my Fitbit Bluetooth connection was not connected.  I have fixed that.  The report and the dashboard are now the same.  It does not seem to be syncing regularly.

Best Answer

Hello @rawalker.

Thanks for letting me know that you managed to fix the connection situation and that the information now matches on both ends.

Please do keep in mind that unless you have manually set it for All-Day Sync, the Fitbit will only sync when you manually initiate it by pulling down on the app or manually selection that option on your software, or when you open the app. You can read more about it by clicking in here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the last 2 days I have been checking the steps on my fitbit with the dashboard and they are not the same.

on November 30 my fitbit said 8137 and the dashboard said 7878.

Yesterday the totals were 8195 and 6930.

Is this usual?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rawalker.

Thanks for sharing those numbers.

It is potentially normal if you have not synced before checking the difference. Keep in mind that the Dashboard doesn't necessarily track real time steps and it updates after you have synced your Fitbit. My suggestion would be to force a sync before checking. You can do so by pulling down on the app's main screen.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it necessary to manually sinc my fitbit daily even though I have my iPhone set for allday sinc?

Rose Ann

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rawalker.

If you have set it to sync automatically then there wouldn't be a need to manually sync daily  but I would recommend checking that it has synced before going to sleep, to make sure that the data is actually going into your account and thus is accurate.

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes