Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web says 7 exercise shortcuts, app says 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As the topic says, I just got a Charge 3, and noticed that on fitbit.com's device settings, it says I can choose up to 7 exercise / activity shortcuts to be visible. However, in the Fitbit Android App, it says the limit is 6. It seems weird to have the inconsistency.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @tygill.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up. 

Could you share some screenshots of how it is showing up for you on both ends? I'd like to take a look for myself at the difference. 

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit  I don't have time to post screenshots, but the same is true for the iOS app.  The web settings say you can load 7 shortcuts.  If you load 7, the app says "... you can load -1" shortcuts.

On my Charge 3 exercise app, swiping shows 6 exercise choices -- 6 dots across the top.  I just looked at the Charge 3 manual.  In the manual, the section on exercise has an image with 7 dots. 

I have had to restart my Charge 3 for other reasons.  My exercise app has always been 6 dots across the top.  So I don't think a restart will help this.

My Charge 3 has the latest firmware.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I don't think these screenshots are particularly interesting, since the interesting part is just the number (7 vs 6), but here's the proof:

Web shows 7 activities are allowed, and allows adding / editing 7.Web shows 7 activities are allowed, and allows adding / editing 7.App shows 6 activities, and doesn't show the + button to add more.App shows 6 activities, and doesn't show the + button to add more.App says up to 6 activities can be tracked.App says up to 6 activities can be tracked.

Best Answer

@tygill@LZeeW thanks for bringing this to our attention! I do see that the online settings offer 7 activities but the app and Charge 3 only support 6. I'm reporting this to our team and appreciate this! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer