Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight loss target date

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

have new Charge HR and have managed to set target weight goal, but how do you set the target date to reach that weight. have tried on the IOS app and on the website, but can only manage to change;

start date

current weight

target weight

i'm aiming to lose 2 stone over next 6-9 months, but can see how the calorie defecit calcs will work if no target date.

Help please  -  ps HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Tuchanpadern

It's not possible to set a target date so Fitbit could automatically determine which the daily deficit will be until reaching the goal.

When the deficit is to small (let's say having a deficit of 100 calories a day), it's possibly to eat on maintenance instead even when weighing foods:

* The actual calories eaten can be more or less than displayed on a package;

* Having eaten a bit more than actually logged;

Currently the target date is based on current weight - target weight (and which deficit plan is chosen).

It's possible to stay at the same weight but being leaner (having a smaller tummy, being more toned).. when body fat % dropped, but by exercising, getting more muscle mass.

Aim to change body composition, rather than focusing on weight alone. There can also be weight loss if holding a few pounds food remnants in the tummy for a longer time (being constipated), then the next day weighing suddenly a few pounds less when all food remnants left the body.

There can also be water upkeep if eaten to much salt, or when it's warmer outside & not drinking enough so your body holds onto any water it can to survive.

Aside weighing, a measurement tape can be used to see progress & the mirror.

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Tip: Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

URL: Click to go to the Feature Requests Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure when I first set it up on xmas day that it gave me 3 options on weight loss, something like "aggressive", "medium" and "light" (or similar wording). For each of the options, it showed how long it would take to get there, and I selected one. It's that area I am looking to find again.
Best Answer

Thank you @Tuchanpadern

Moved this thread to the Fitbit.com Dashboard section since being more relevant to the topic and increases the chance of getting a solution.

Don't see that option anymore either when trying setting up a weight loss goal.

Wishing a Happy & Healthy New Year

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log

Food Plan

click twice on right arrow to go to Plan Summary

Edit Plan

Best Answer