Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I post, it keeps displaying full name instead of user name

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I changed my name to use my username name, but when I post it still shows my full legal name.  Can someone help me with this issue?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MistaMin, welcome to the community forums! 

Can you please provide more details? Based on your post, your user (MistaMin) is now being displayed. 

On a side note, please consider that you can only change your name or user name once every 60 days, and you can only set your user name with the Fitbit app. For more information, please check: How do I manage my Fitbit profile?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @MistaMin, welcome to the community forums! 

Can you please provide more details? Based on your post, your user (MistaMin) is now being displayed. 

On a side note, please consider that you can only change your name or user name once every 60 days, and you can only set your user name with the Fitbit app. For more information, please check: How do I manage my Fitbit profile?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah yes..thank you..looks like it updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MistaMin, thanks for your reply! 

It's been a pleasure! Note that you can post here or create a new thread if you have additional questions or inquiries. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have run into same problem. I changed my username when I saw it was sharing my full name butI it continues to display my full name?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I see in my response to you it used my username but in a post I made no more than 30 seconds prior it used my full name on a comment of support I made to another user so as with so many things Fitbit ya just never know what’s going to happen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Bloozebros. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to report this and for the detailed information. I've checked here and seems that the inconvenience is now resolved. It is just displaying your username but if you notice that the inconvenience persists with new posts or you experience any other issue, please let me know. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m experiencing this as well.  On the iOS app, I’ve set my display name from my full legal name.  Even after making that change, any post I try to make to turn communities I access via the app show my full name instead of my display name.  

When I joined this community that’s opening via My Safari browser, I had to choose a new display name different from the display name saved within and showing on the iOS app.  

I hope this makes some sense.

Best Answer