Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which devices sync with a Macbook Pro?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there ANY Fitbits that sync with MacBook Pro running OS Mojave (version 10.14.1)?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Andywatch123, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Please note that you can sync and set up several Fitbit devices with your Macbook Pro. You only need to download and install the Fitbit Connect Software. Keep in mind that if you're setting up a Versa, Ionic or Charge 3, you will need to set them up using a mobile device and the Fitbit app; however, you will be able to use Fitbit Connect to sync them with your computer afterwards. 

I hope this information can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for  you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK thanks for your response. Is there a place I can get this setup (being
able to sync charge 3 with Macbook) explained in very simple, assume we no
nothing about terms? Like step one, step two. I say this because I have
been searching online for about a week and can safely say that many of your
MacBook using customers are equally confused about this. And seriously, by
now, it should be super intuitive.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Andywatch123 I'm not a Mac user so can't set you through the process but can give you a couple of pointers.

As mentioned above, you will be able to sync from your Mac but you won't be able to do the initial setup of your Charge 3. For this you will need to use a compatible mobile device (see: www.fitbit.com/devices )

Once set up then, on your Mac, go to http://www.fitbit.com/setup then scroll down until you can select "Mac" and then click on the download button. This will download the fitbit connect software that used to sync your fitbit to the dashboard.

The fitbit guide to using this can be found at: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

Best Answer
Thank you very much. This is better info than I could find elsewhere. I'll
see how it goes Christmas morning with the kids... fingers crossed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Andywatch123, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you around too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Andywatch123, I appreciate you have come back and let us know the information on this thread has been very helpful for you. If you need further assistance please let us know, we'll be happy to help. 

Additionally, in case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes