Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average daily mileage is incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My dashboard seems incapable of carrying out the very simple process of calculating my average daily mileage by dividing the weekly total by 7. It is incorrect for most of the time.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Looking at my numbers it seems that the 7 day total uses the sum of steps from today plus the last 6 days whereas the 7 day average uses the total steps from the previous 7 days i.e. doesn't use today's total.

Does this work with your numbers?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Merrymal. Hey @SteveH.

@SteveH is right on this. @Merrymal Could you confirm if that helps with the numbers to be more accurate?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

l have the same problem. After calculating the numbers, I realized that my Fitbit app is calculating the weekly average by dividing the last 6 days by 6. 

It used to calculate it for 7 days before, just recently started doing it for only 6 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Neca.

Thanks for sharing those details! 

I'd like to take a closer look. Could you share some screenshots of what you are seeing? That way we can find the best way to move forward to resolve this situation.

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes