Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting so many calories left?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting 3,078 calories left in my dashboard in the food icon area and 2,436 calories left in the summary area of my dashboard.  See attached photos.  By my calculations I should have a basic needs of around....according to fit bit with my intended caloric deficit I should need 1782 calories per day plus my activity levels.  So the 2,439 number seems a still a little high but I can seem to figure out where the 3,078 number is coming from.

If someone could explain this to me that would be great...thanks in advance

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @jsmith2998.

It seems like the pictures didn't come through. Could you try posting them again? Be sure to use the 'Photos' button on top of the field to write down your reply like in the picture below.photos.PNG

As for the information itself. Please keep in mind that it takes into account your average activity level to determine how much you can still consume, in addition to your BMR

Having said that, I'd like to check the pictures to get a better overall understanding of what is going on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gHAeEs9qwZI5rnV5PoWT2oajao7wAE8-

For some reason the photos would not show from where I linked them from so hopefully this works!!

Thanks in advance for your help.  The numbers were just not adding up even taking into account BMR and my activity levels.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jsmith2998.

I can't get access to that picture. 

It could be that you have performed a lot of activities recently and thus the Dashboard is taking that as your usual way to go and is throwing the calculations off. 

I'd like to mention that the Calories left tile is better used as a guide rather then the absolute numbers. 

One question, though. Did you set up a food plan at all or not?

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes